All reviews shuttle service free shuttle within a mile radius front desk bedroom suite full kitchen marriott properties hotel shuttle city museum yogurt the hotel offers would highly recommend this hotel cardinals game gateway arch spencer louis st
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights and it was fantastic. You don’t need a rental car due to the shuttle they offer for free. The gym was small but had enough stuff to get a good workout in. The pool was clean and always had people using it. Now the breakfast was the best we ever had in any of the Marriott brands! Clean rooms and AC worked great. The business center was great to print things up.

Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

The worst stay I have had in a very long time! Could not get sheets for the pullout bed, asked twice (hours apart) for more towels, and breakfast was the absolute worst...they did not even have plates. I realize they were very busy and overwhelmed however they were extremely rude....what a shame.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed March 10, 2019

I am a faithful Marriott traveler. Was not impressed with this one. We (4 ladies for a girls weekend) got to the motel, our AC was on (It was about 38 out). We had requested a roll away and it wasn't in the room so called for it, in the meantime, we discovered all the trashcans in the suite were full and overflowing. When the guy (wish I would have got his name, he was very polite and apologetic) brought the roll away he took the trash out. It leaked all over the floor so he went to get something to clean that up. We opened some wine got the glasses out of cabinet, every glass had lipstick on them from the previous guests as well as food they left in the fridge. Called front desk to get more glasses. Finally got the rollaway (springs were popping out the bottom! He cleaned the floor also. Caught the shuttle to our dinner reservations (guy driving was super friendly and very accommodating) then he came to get us for another stop before our concert. We were ready to go to stadium and we knew they were very busy so we called, waited quite sometime, called motel to see if we should get Uber instead, was assured that it would be only 10 minutes. We waited 15, called Uber and then called the motel to let them know we didn't need the shuttle. She got upset and said, he is almost there why did you get Uber so I said ok, we will cancel Uber. Cancelled Uber and waited another 15, called again, she said, you told me to cancel the shuttle because you had Uber. FINALLY made it to concert, was told there was one pick up after concert. Went to that spot, first shuttle was full, no problem, next will be there in 10 minutes. almost 10 minutes exactly, next shuttle went right past us and was full, she was picking up somewhere else which wasn't suppose to be happening. We waited on the next, almost 30 minutes later, we called motel, we were told it was shift change and they were trying to figure things out. Finally the same girl that had been shuttling showed up with almost a full shuttle again. Still picking up at another location. We finally got on that shuttle, she didn't get out and shut the door, she took off with it open. When I hollered hang on, she said well shut the door! I tried to shut the door but with no handle to get a hold of evidently it didn't shut, she turned the corner and the door flew open. Everyone was screaming and I tried to shut it again. This happened 4 times and she never did get out and shut it or even stop!! Lobby was full of people and everyone at desk was crazy busy so waited until morning to discuss this with staff. When I went over all the issues with the front desk at checkout, the only thing I was asked was, did you take pictures? Really? Nothing more. We paid over $200 for dirty dished, trash everywhere, not a very clean bathroom, unsafe vehicles and it was our fault we didn't take pictures! On the upside, breakfast was really very good!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Adventurer828209, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2019

Dear Debbies378,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I truly apologize for the experience that you have expressed. The issues that you mentioned are not the characterictics of an experience that we strive for on a day to day basis. Your experience has been shared with our team to discuss ways to improve. We are driven to provide our guests with exceptional service and apologize for the inconveniences. We hope that you provide us an opportunity in the near furture.

Thanks again,

Diona Bester

Reviewed February 25, 2019

I’m not sure if this BONVOY change, with all the brands, will work. Too many properties, not enough due diligence on the part of the consolidating management types at Marriott. Why?

First Bottom Line –To Be Continued…

Be careful when booking non-Mariott brands within the new BONVOY Brand. Mariott was always excellent customer service. With Bonvoy, I received very little empathy.

My wife and I booked this hotel for two nights using our free nights from our Chase Mariott Rewards card (soon to be Bonvoy). We booked the hotel for February 14th and 15th, 2019.

My granddaughter lives in St. Louis and loves to swim. So -specifically-we needed a hotel with extra room and a heated pool. We booked solely for the pool because my 5-year-old granddaughter lives in St. Louis so we could have stayed at her parent's house.

The temp in St. Louis for was in the 20s during these days, so we specifically called the front desk to see if the pool was heated and functional. We received a big YES. The courtyard had an indoor pool but we wanted the extra room for the three of us so we chose the Residence Inn, Downtown, St. Louis.

When we arrived and got dressed in swimmies to go to the pool, we found a non-functional, very chilly pool (pool area was total glass outside windows –about ¾ around) Temp at this time was 21 degrees outside with snow. We called the front desk and they said they would come down to the pool area and fix the temp. (REM we called ahead of time and they said it was functional). After lots of coming and going, nothing changed so we called again. They said that their engineer would fix it so we went back to our room to wait until later to go back. Did that –and same temps, non-service.

Finally, I got to talk to the less than empathetic general manager GREG KREITH, who told me that bottom line was the pool was giving them an error message and he wasn’t going to jeopardize his life or anyone of his staff to attempt to fix it. More bottom line- the “engineer” was a contractor they called to fix the pool equipment and they were in a queue to be serviced. More Bottom line = no pool available for our stay- our specific purpose for OBTAINING VALUE at this Mariott BONVOY property.

Greg said he wanted to make us happy so he suggested that we get in the shuttle and travel to the Courtyard to use their pool. Rem the temp was 21 and we had a 5-year-old and he wanted us to shuttle there and then return in the shuttle. I leave this “error in his judgment” to all your moms and dads out there”. I finally asked for our nights back and he ignored me so I told him I would settle with Mariott, BONVOY.

Long story short, my wife after much grief finally received her night back. The BONVOY CS person told her that I could open a complaint but in her opinion, I received VALUE by staying in the room. (REM waiting to get the pool fixed because I specifically booked for the pool).

Last Bottom line is -be careful in booking non-Mariott brands within the BONVOY Brand. Mariott was always excellent customer service. With Bonvoy, I received very little empathy.

Date of stay: February 2019
Adventurer828209, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Dear Cmsnum1

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay, at the Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown. I am sorry to hear that the experience you have expressed was not accommodating. During your stay we received severe weather warning about freezing temperatures. Unfortunately, due to the pool area being surrounded by windows it effected the pool room's temperature. I understand how this can be inconveniencing, when that was one of the reasons that you selected to stay with us. As you mentioned, you were reimbursed for you stay, but in the event that your travel plans bring you back to St. Louis please reach out to me via email or phone call. I would like to ensure that your stay falls nothing short of exceptional. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Diona Bester

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for a few years now over Presidents’ Day weekend to spend some time at the City Museum which is a quick 5 minute ride away. We usually stay in the 1 bedroom suite with the kids on the pull out couch and my wife and I in the bed. The kids always look forward to hanging out in the pool when it’s cold outside and there are plenty of options for breakfast in the morning. The kitchenette allows us to even heat up our leftovers from dinner for a late night snack and the girls love the complimentary popcorn while they watch a movie on Netflix which is on the hotel TV. Front Desk staff has always been overly courteous and they make girls feel important when they call to ask questions.