“Great stay, great location, great staff”

Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown
Ranked #39 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here May 9-11 to visit family in the St. Louis area. The hotel was clean and easy to find from the highway. We booked a one bedroom suite which was pretty nice. The bed was comfortable. The room was spacious, however, if you are looking to share the room, just note in the one bedroom suite, the bathroom is exclusively connected to the bedroom. We were planning to share a room with my mother and niece, but that plan changed when we saw where the bathroom was located. When we tried to get a second room the staff was very accommodating when we needed to book a second room. Rick did everything he could to help us. The breakfast was good. I would stay here again. Thanks again Rick!

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 21, 2014

They have a room set up for the deaf and for the disabled. The room's doorbell works beautifully, with strobe light and there's another one identifying which is door and which is for the phone, which made my stay as a deaf individual seamless, truly a home away from home. My son uses a wheelchair and I worried about using the pool. They have a powered lift that lowered my son in and out of the pool without risk of dropping him in there and there is also a lift at the hot tub. We took advantage of both, although, I could not figure out how to work the hot tub controls, a sign said "Push this button to turn on." but nothing happened. The temperature was nice and toasty, so it was still enjoyable without the whirlpool feature. The service is excellent. My daughter, ahem, decided to pop a bag of chips like it was a balloon, causing a chip explosion all over the room. I go down to front desk and ask management if I could borrow a vacuum and they sent one right up and they even vacuumed it all up, moving furniture for us so we didn't have to and they even replaced the sheets that had chip dust all over it. I wasn't expecting that, assuming we would justt have to shake out the chips and make do Only one thing I would change- the windows had no safety features on them, opens wide and no screen, it's great for letting breeze in, BUT not so great if you are always worrying your autistic child will decide to dive out the window and I wasn't able to relax because of being vigilant for my children's safety. The fact they provide a complimentary shuttle made up for that. Still...

If you do not have a child that is mentally a toddler and is an explorer, I do not recommend this hotel, since ALL the windows have no screens, they open right out to the open, you can stick your head out and look straight down. :) Hope my review helps!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a fenced in balcony if you have a child that tends to explore.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Tishia C
Henry H, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! We always strive for excellence and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for the note about our windows; I do apologize that yours opened completely. In fact, they should only open 5 inches to prevent the unthinkable so we will be checking them to make sure this feature is functional.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The hotel smelled and looked clean all around. Parking was gated and easy. I felt safe and comfortable staying at the Residence Inn. The hotel was within walking distance to the Chitez Arena. My boyfriend and I walked to a concert at the Arena and to restaurants/attractions around the stadium. I will definately reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for someone safe and clean to stay at a good price. The hotel is family friendly as well as a great stay for couples, or a group of friends. I can't say enough good things!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Front staff were friendly and helpful. Room was very clean. Had a beautiful view of downtown St. Louis. The shuttle drivers were wonderful. They travel I think a 3 mile radius from hotel. Took us to Sweetie Pies restaurant (awesome) and to the Budweiser Brewery for the tour. The Hill area was outside of their area so had to drive there. ANGIE the lady in the breakfast area receives a 15 out of 10. She suggested restaurants, stores and a bakery in the Hill to visit. I even got a hug from her when we left. Would most definitely stay here again. They have a pool and hot tub but did not get a chance to use them. We were in room 830.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PO795
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I travel to residence inns all a cross the country. I have stayed thousands of times and I have yet to encounter a more polite and thorough employee than Karen. She is awesome, and I'll stay at this hotel again in the future because of her... Turned a rough day into a great day.

Thanks again!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Rick greeted me upon arrival and was very friendly and helpful. They granted my request for an early check in AND upgraded my room from a studio to two bedroom w balcony. I knew breakfast was complimentary but so is dinner w/ beer and wine. Not as new as some properties but lots of freebies and great service.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Nice hotel, friendly staff, near it all. With the exception of the towels feeling like a Brillo pad, this hotel scores high on my charts. When I return to St. Louis, I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business