“Best fried chicken ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Iron Barley Eating

Iron Barley Eating
Ranked #118 of 2,880 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are open Tuesday 3:00 -9:00 Wednesday - Thursday 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Friday and Saturday 11:00 Am - 10:00 pm Closed Sunday Monday and Tuesday...
Springfield, Illinois
“Best fried chicken ever”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

The lunch special was the fried chicken and it was awesome! Soaked overnight in buttermilk and Franks hot sauce then pan fried! Smashed potatoes were delicious! Service was great and very friendly! One of the best Triple D spots we've eaten at and we've visited quite a few.

1 Thank carol k

Toledo, Ohio
“Great food, awesome owner, service left me wanting.”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was enticed to visit by, yet again, Man vs. Food. I ordered the vegetable beef soup first and it was outstanding. I then ordered their magnum opus, the Monte Cristo Dog. The Chicago Red Hots were tender and tasted great with the jam spread on the hot dog buns. The server was a bit snarky when I asked him where Red Hots can be purchased. He didn't know and didn't seem to care if I knew either, oh well. Go here, get the Monte Cristo Dog and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great atmosphere, I think I ordered the wrong thing though”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have been wanting to stop by the Iron Barley for a while, so I went for lunch and got a bacon burger. They crumble bacon right into the meat. It was kind of dry though. It was the definition of okay. The atmosphere was very neat though. Lots of interesting things to look at. The bartender was super duper nice. I posted on facebook I had a burger and got replies saying I should have ordered something else. I guess they do other things better. I will probably go back since I live so close.

• Visited December 2013
Cincinnati
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Now I do have to say, the food was good. But, it was a staff member who ruined it for us. We had traveled from Cincinnati to meet family whom had traveled from Little Rock and Fayetteville Ark to meet us. Our waitress (we did not get her name, but wore a denim skirt and cowboy boots) was rather rude from the gitgo. She didn't really want to be there. We were not given the option of splitting the order from the start and when it was time to leave, she blew up in our face and told us, "I asked you if you wanted separate tickets in the first place, (which she did not) and then couldn't get the bill separated correctly as she got louder and more hateful as the process went on. Finally I had the wife just pick up the tab so we could get out of there as the waitress was making a horrible scene about the ordeal. Needless to say this ruined our dining experience there. We will not be back nor recommend this establishment.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Michael E
illinois
“good meal”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

saw this place on the food network so went down on a saturday afternoon the food was great and the service was some of the best i ever had it is a great time

• Visited November 2013