“meat festival”

Iron Barley Eating
Ranked #194 of 2,901 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: We are open Tuesday 3:00 -9:00 Wednesday - Thursday 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Friday and Saturday 11:00 Am - 10:00 pm Closed Sunday Monday and Tuesday...
Chicago, Illinois
“meat festival”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

special of the day was bacon cheddar cheeseburger with fries
they have limited availability on specials
we were lucky to get the last one & it was an early afternoon lunch
some menu items only available after 5pm for dinner crowd
special cut prime rib was tender but too salty for my taste & I had wanted medium rare & cut was only medium
mashed pots were yummy & fresh
special drinks super variety
bartender was a doll
staff was very friendly & food was ready quickly

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank vtrchk

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food serviced in a lovely little restaurant by cool people!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate here as part of our Route 66 Man Vs Food tour this Summer.

The food was fantastic and the waitress was a very nice lady who was willing to chat about Adam Richman and tell us about the area. She must be asked about these things a lot but it didn't phase her to tell us again. I ordered the slow roasted pork and wow, it was beautiful! Easily the best pork I've ever eaten - so smokey and tender in flavour. The barley vegetables were very nice too. There was a lone guitarist playing music that added to the atmosphere.

All in all, we were really pleased with our visit, although I wished I'd ordered the larger size!

• Visited July 2013
St Louis
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is the 2nd time we've been. First time we took our son when he was home from college and this time with his 4 yr roommate. Our first visit in April was amazing and we worried that the 2nd time wouldn't be as great. Wrong!! My son has dreamt of the monte cristo from his first visit, he had it again and savored every mouthful. Pork chops for my husband and the boys were all fab, I had a spicy chicken. Dessert was sharing a quarter each of the Elvis sandwich. A quarter was enough, very filling! The service both times was superb. She sat down with us to go through the copious non menu items, it felt very homey and friendly. It was busy, it was a Monday night but we never felt rushed. Great cider, great beer choices. Will go again.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Karen C
Chicago, IL
“Best Schnitzel Outside of Austria”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am not kidding - it was incredible. The staff was attentive, the food was delicious and I want to go back to St. Louis just to try everything else on the menu! I had the Schnitzel & Spaetzel -- it was mouthwatering! And it came with these sautéed green beans with bacon and onions that were the best I've ever had. I don't know what they put them in, but they were unbelievable! I have had schnitzel -- homemade by my cousin in Austria -- and this was every bit as good!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank webjanet
Saint Louis, Missouri
“pretty good food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

do not get the pork chop; very dry. But others at our table fully enjoyed their menu items. Do like the small intimate bands on the patio

Visited June 2013