“food to yumm over”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Everest Cafe - CLOSED

Everest Cafe
Cuisines: Asian, Nepali, Indian, Tibetan
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Saint Louis, Missouri
“food to yumm over”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We began visiting here 5 years ago. In all that time, we have never gotten bad food. We have our particular favorites and always enjoy the lunch buffet. Devi and Connie are very welcoming. This is the best Nepalese/Indian restaurant we have found. There are plenty of choices here for vegetarians as well as those following a gluten free diet and everything is clearly labelled. Even our picky kids find plenty to enjoy here.

• Visited October 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“It was ok, we probably won't go back”
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Went for the lunch buffet. It was ok, not good, not bad. The staff was really nice and cared whether we liked the food so that was the saving grace for this place. With all the lunch options downtown, I think they could really step up their game in terms of food.

1 Thank abc345345
Chicago, Illinois
“Small gem, global flavor”
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

This is an Asian fusion restaurant, truly. In that arena, they do it better than anywhere in St. Louis. The owner is a lovely, gregarious man. You can eat healthy, veggie, or gorge yourself. Food is Indian/Nepalese/Korean. This includes staples like chicken Tika masala (excellent) and kimchi. Lunch buffet is popular, but I enjoyed evening dinner.

Evansville, Indiana
“Great place”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Love the story behind this Nepali jem. You'll read all about the owner's adoption from Nepal by a Mt. Everest climber and his journey to America. Pretty amazing stuff. The place is founded on bringing good, healthy, quality food to St. Louis from his Nepali roots. The food was fantastic but I wish I hadn't mixed all my ingredients together so quickly! I should have tasted them each and mixed as needed. I think that's what they wanted me to do, but i was too hasty...so my food ended up blander than my original spicy bite. Check it out though! Wonderful vegetarian/vegan options. Delicious samosas. Great service in a small, comfortable setting. I will definitely be back.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank cogoes
st. louis
“Wonderful New Year's Eve Buffet"”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Everest is an outstanding restaurant any time of the year. It features a fine array of both vegetarian and meat items drawn from the cuisines of Nepal, Korea, and India.

The daily luncheon buffet is an especially good value, as was this year's New Year's Eve Dinner Special, a more costly and elaborate version of the daily buffet offering.

Not only was the food superb but at $20.00 per person including hot chai, wine, and mango lassi, the New Year's Eve buffet was an outstanding value as well. Especially noteworthy was a vegan Navratan Korma, the first such vegan incarnation of the dish that I've ever tasted.

Please note that Everest has moved from its former location on Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis approximately 4 miles west to the heart of The Grove neighborhood, at 4145 Manchester, St. Louis, MO

• Visited December 2011