“Healthy, authentic Indian food at a reasonable price!”
Review of Everest Cafe - CLOSED

Everest Cafe
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
St. Louis
“Healthy, authentic Indian food at a reasonable price!”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This place is a hidden gem! Caters to vegetarian, non-vegetarian, vegan, and also gluten free options. The owner is a doctor, and his mission is to create healthy, tasty dishes. Indian, Nepalese, Korean dishes. Lunch buffet is usually $8.99 and caters to all tastes, usually includes some type of daal, vegetable dishes, curries (veggie and non-veggie), and tandoori. Get there early for lunch and dinner, tables fill quickly. Gluten free eaters should try the vegetable pakoras- they are made with chickpea flour! The Korean seafood stew is spicy hot and delicious. Great place to go with friends and enjoy a casual dinner.

• Visited June 2011

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Review of the Manchester Location - Dissapointing Experience”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I had heard really wonderful things about Everest Cafe, but was extremely dissapointed with my first visit. My husband and I went after work one evening, shortly after they opened. I ordered a tandoori chicken dish. The chicken was a bit charred, overcooked, and bland in my opinion. The lentil soup that came with it was extremely bland. Aside from that, there was no music playing at all. Everyone was kind of speaking in hushed tones so that the tables around you couldn't hear your conversation. It was a bit odd. The wait staff was friendly, but that's about the only good thing I can say about the place.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Traveling1_2010
Portland, Oregon
“The best Nepali/Indian food I have ever had”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I have traveled the world, even visiting Nepal and India, sampling various dishes. Everest cafe was recommended through trip advisor and I have been in awe ever since. You expect to find the best dishes in their home countries, but this is far from the truth. This was by far the best Indian food I have ever tried. They nailed the recipes to near perfection. Even while I was in India I was talking about this cafe. They have a great atmosphere, staff and taste. Although I live 3000 miles from them, I will return to sample their dishes again.

• Visited September 2010
Illinois
“Special and unique!”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We eat here as often as possible. This is one of the most special and unique places in St. Louis. The food is so flavorful and complexly layered. The service is helpful and friendly. Both the atmosphere and the food are deeply satisfying. The chili chicken appetizer is memorably hot (really, really), sweet and yummy. The dumplings and samosas provide contrasting comfort. It is the cheapest way to take an exotic trip. Just a great experience.

St. Louis, MO
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed November 8, 2010

The food here is delicious, and the service is top notch. I have visited both of their locations, and same excellent experience. They are also very environmentally responsible. I would recommend this for business lunch or for casual lunch with friends.