Drunken Fish - Central West End
Reserve with OpenTable
Drunken Fish - Central West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #421 of 2,971 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central West End
Cross street: Maryland and Euclid (across from Coffee Cartel)
Description: Drunken Fish in the Central West End was the second location to open (after Westport Plaza). With a prime patio, two stories of dining, and being located in the heart of the Central West End, it quickly thrived in the trendy St. Louis neighborhood. Today, Drunken Fish is the Midwest's unrivaled leader in Sushi and Japanese Cuisine. Voted Best Sushi in St. Louis, Drunken Fish is unlike anything you've ever experienced. Our selection of sensational sushi and Japanese cuisine will satisfy every appetite, while our drink menu boasts a list of unique cocktails. With our intimate lounge and exceptional service, Drunken Fish is the ultimate St. Louis hotspot.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We arrived late on a Thursday night after a long day of travel, and were delighted to find the Drunken Fish near the Chase Park Plaza. The sushi was very fresh, the variety of available items was excellent, and the service was fantastic. The Staff made it a fun night. And the late night happy hour was a welcome surprise.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place doesnt have the best sushi in st louis but the happy hour makes it the best affordable. the hh menu always includes the simple rolls but switches around the specialty rolls to keep things interesting. unfortunately the drinks are literally half off but still pretty tasty. lunch specials are always also a great deal. bottom line: if you want decent sushi for a decent price go during the happy hours 5-7pm and 10pm-12am

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

had some great nigori sake and good sushi. Fresh fish, good selection. We accidentally got an old menu and they went out if the way to make us a futomaki roll, which was delicious. Seems pricey for sushi, but worth it for this trip

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My first clue that this was not going to be the grand dining experience I had envisioned should have been when I saw how empty the restaurant was in comparison to other eating establishments on the same street. My second clue should have been the faint smell that seemed to permeate the air after my friend and I were seated. My friend stated the odor smelled like mold; honestly, to me it smelled like urine. We couldn’t determine what the odor was and finally thought that the smell may have been due to the fact that building had suffered some type of water leak at one point.

And thus was my introduction to the Drunken Fish, in the Central West End of St. Louis.

The food was just okay. For an appetizer, I had the breaded soft shell crab. Unfortunately, it was pretty tasteless and in need of seasoning. The crab was accompanied by some type of brown sauce that I personally did not care for. With my meal came a salad. The salad consisted of lettuce (just lettuce) with a ginger dressing all over it. The dressing was bright orange and looked and tasted like pureed squash. I tried, but simply couldn’t eat it. Bless her, the server was sympathetic and took it away.

For my entree, I had Donburi – a tempura-fried breaded chicken dish with tempura sauce, onion, and egg over white rice. The dish was alright, but I wasn’t bowled over by it. I also tried the Fried Philly Roll, which was salmon, cream cheese, and avocado, tempura-fried and topped with eel sauce. That was also just okay – nothing to write home about. No dessert or drinks (I had a Pepsi), and the bill for my meal without tip came to $43, which, in my opinion, was too high for what I got.

I did find that the wait staff was very friendly, efficient, and attentive, so no complaints there. I do know, however, that I could have had better meal elsewhere for a lower price point. As a result, there will not be a return visit to the Drunken Fish.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Ate there Sunday night and the sushi was average - nothing to write home about, and the prices are a little on the steep side as it has a prominent location in the CWE. Also, they charged a $15 corkage fee to open our bottle of wine. That is not a problem if the restaurant has a good wine list, but Drunken Fish does not. I asked the manager about it and suggested $10 would be more appropriate. Surprisingly, he agreed with me but said it was out of his hands! He said the more feedback he gets along those lines the more chance he has to get it changed - so hopefully his management will see this review.