“Wonderful!”

Drunken Fish - Central West End
Reserve with OpenTable
Drunken Fish - Central West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #416 of 2,949 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central West End
Cross street: Maryland and Euclid (across from Coffee Cartel)
Description: Drunken Fish in the Central West End was the second location to open (after Westport Plaza). With a prime patio, two stories of dining, and being located in the heart of the Central West End, it quickly thrived in the trendy St. Louis neighborhood. Today, Drunken Fish is the Midwest's unrivaled leader in Sushi and Japanese Cuisine. Voted Best Sushi in St. Louis, Drunken Fish is unlike anything you've ever experienced. Our selection of sensational sushi and Japanese cuisine will satisfy every appetite, while our drink menu boasts a list of unique cocktails. With our intimate lounge and exceptional service, Drunken Fish is the ultimate St. Louis hotspot.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The atmosphere of this restaurant is amazing! We sat outside on a lovely evening and has sushi and a alcoholic beverage. The sushi was wonderful-- some of the best I have ever had! The drinks from the bar were perfectly mixed. Our waitress was very helpful in how to order the sushi and what were the best. She also gave us some tips on what to do after dinner.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I would have expected the Sushi to be of much higher quality because of the high prizes in the menu. Unfortunately the food was just OK,nothing to rave about. Luckily we had a very nice, courteous waitress which made us forget we were paying so much for the meal...I know Sushi is expensive, but be prepared, this one is above your average Sushi cost$$$! Your average expense per person will be no less than $30. We were lucky we decided to skip the drinks, otherwise our bill would have doubled!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I usually love the Landing Drunken Fish location, but my most recent experience made me never want to go back gain. I had a restaurant.com certificate to use and the manager on duty refused to honor it because I was $2 off of the required amount on the certificate before tip. Spending almost $50 for two people for dinner including sushi with no alcohol is a lot. It was just dinner. No appetizers or dessert or alcohol. The manager on duty was less than helpful with the restaurant.com certificate issue and rather rude when pointing out issues with dinner.

I always order sushi and get the California roll and shrimp tempura roll. Both rolls were really small. At most places the shrimp tempura roll is so big that I have to cut it in half to be able to eat it. At the Drunken Fish the shrimp Tempura roll was so small that I was looking at it twice to make sure there was even shrimp or anything else in it – plus it had seaweed on the outside and most other places have rice on the outside. The sushi was just ok and not awesome like other places nearby in STL. We had to wait a long time for our food also and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant on a weeknight.

The waitress and manager on duty also spent more time on their cell phones texting and on Facebook and flirting with each other than taking care of customers and their needs. I had to get their attention many times to fill drink glasses and order more sushi.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I went here with a friend. The atmosphere was cool and the sushi was very good. They had a large variety of sushi to choose from. If you aren't a huge fan of sushi, this may not be the place for you as it was a large part of the menu.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I took a work group there for lunch while on a retreat. The food was good but service was slow. I was especially frustrated because the waiter mentioned lunch specials, which we thought we ordered. The cost of a lunch special was $10.50. Our orders came to about three times that each. When I asked why we were charged so much the waiter became defensive and said, "I told you only certain items were available for lunch specials." No one at the table heard him. They took 25% off, but the costs were still way too high for the quality. I won't go back.