“Surprising Find”
Review of Lucas Park Grille

Lucas Park Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucas Park Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 3,028 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 13th Street
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was a pleasant surprise in downtown St. Louis. Very warm atmosphere inside. The food was wonderful, and reasonably priced for the quality. Small plates were very tasty, especially the smoked salmon and hummus plates. This restaurant isn't obvious from the street, but worth seeking out for lunch or dinner!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for lunch and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The weather was nice, so we sat outside on the patio. If you are a sports fan or don't mind being surrounded by televisions, the inside is okay. I personally don't like the distraction and prefer conversation! I enjoyed a delicious beet salad and stole a few of my husband's Parmesan fries (he ordered the burger). We both agreed that the food was well prepared and presented and the service attentive. It was one of the better lunches we had in the downtown area.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

LPG is quite close to Scottrade and offers a new place in the area for us to dine before a game.
More affordable than some other options if you're looking for a very nice meal and atmosphere. The food was excellent, the wait seemed a bit long since there were not many patrons at the early dinner hour. The atmopshere was nice, decor ok, overall a bit dark (lighting-wise) for my taste.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Early Friday evening visit, 6/6/14, before a concert. Restaurant only had probably 10 tables running when we got there, and that includes bar, outside & backroom areas; with the amount of seating they offer that made the place feel empty.

Great location on Washington Ave, was a short four block walk down from the Renaissance and left us with a simple stroll down 13th St to get to the ScottTrade Center. When we walked back past on our way from the show, about 11:30pm, the bar area seemed to be doing a pretty good business. Where the restaurant sits on Washington puts it right in the middle of a hustling area for bars, nightclubs and restaurants.

First room is a large area with the bar taking up the middle of the room.
Back room offers a more formal seating area and is separated by a large drop curtain.

Back room is showing some age... loose table mountings, wall decorations that needed some TLC ... but offered us a nice quiet dinner for two venue. Wife and I prefer to eat someplace that allows for conversation between the two of us without having to shout and this was perfect.

Wine list was fairly extensive and offered a wide range of price points... $30 to $100+ but without a lot of our known favorites and ones that we use to see just how bad they mark up their wines. We went with a red French blend that was okay & it cost us $44.

Menu was extensive and varied... something for everyone.

Appetizer of the oysters on the half shells 'cause we don't always get a chance to have oysters in the small city we're from.

Wife had a nice house salad, I had a house made potato, dill soup which was very tasty.

Entrees.. wife had the Amish Chicken, I had the Hawaiian Sea Bass and I got a side order of the Bleu Cheese Au Gratin potatoes because they sounded too good to NOT try. Food was good, not great but definitely something I'd turn my nose up at.

Skipped desserts.

Service was very good. Wait staff was attentive, meal pace was great ... we never felt rushed and when and if we needed something they were quick to respond.

Meal was pricey for what we got but half of that was the wine & oysters.

Would I go back? Maybe. I'd be willing to go back but would order differently in order to get the price down and to try other items on their menu.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Following a glowing recommendation from the hotel concierge we had a very average dinner this evening. The restaurant certainly did not live up to the reviews. The space is rather stark and dark. The waitstaff were excellent - extremely pleasant but not too friendly or overbearing. The meal was very ordinary and overpriced for its average quality. I had the Asian salad with grilled shrimp. It was similar to entrees I have had in many uninteresting restaurants. My friend had the pork chop which he pronounced "Just OK" but nothing more than that. Overall it was a disappointing meal and we skipped dessert and coffee.

1  Thank TravelFan48105