“Great place”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #234 of 2,900 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Clayton Terrace
Description: Fleming's St. Louis, MO is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in Frontenac on Lindbergh Blvd, near Kirkwood, Creve Coeur, and Webster Groves.
Rome, Italy
“Great place”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Every time I go to St. Louis I go to this restaurant. I think this is one of the best St. Louis steakhouses.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary outing”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The service is great! Even though I am vegan , the chef was able to accommodate my anniversary with a delicious meal, wine and water. The atmosphere is pleasant. I can't say enough about the service and the chef. Great Anniversary night.
Pricy but worth it.
Thanks to the person who gave me a gift card. We spent way over the card but it was fun.

• Visited December 2012
“Can't Miss Happy Hour”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

If you're looking for a great value and delicious food happy hour, this is the place for you. The wine is $6 a glass and beer is 2 for $6. Also for $6, the prime burger and 6 appetizer options. The prime burger is about a 1/3 pound pattie that is super juicy. It is cooked to order....I suggest medium. It is served with fries, onion, tomato and a wedge of lettuce that is large enough for a salad. If all of the $6 options weren't enough, to start you off, complimentary home made potato chips with sea salt are offered. I don't think I have ever had more delicious chips. They were crunchy outside but with a small soft center inside. If you go, ask for server Bob, he too was fabulous.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gorica O
Columbia, IL
“Best Birthday Meal Ever”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I love Fleming's for that special occasion or date night. So we decided for my birthday we would go to Fleming's, ask for our very favorite waiter, Carlos. I should add he is the best waiter that I have had at any restaurant. Now, we were given the opportunity to try something they have rolled out at some Fleming's but not yet at the St. Louis location...The Tomahawk!!
The Tomahawk as it has become known is pretty much a huge steak. Derived from a standing rib-roast, it is almost the like the beef equivalent of a french lamb cutlet. They are designed to be cut at the diners table, adding a bit of culinary theatrics to the steak eating ritual. We decided to get it since they only had 3 in house as they had just been trained on cooking and service. What a wonderful dining experience. Now this steak was seasoned and cooked perfectly, carved table-side, and this experience had everyone looking and taking note. This is great, with lots of meat to be shared with 2 people. Loved, loved it can't wait for October when they roll it out. The sides are big and meant to share, we had my favorite the Fleming's potatoes, which was the perfect pairing for this steak. We also shared the seasonal favorite of fresh green beans and summer squash. Wonderful meal, with a fine bottle of Washington State Cab. And the IPAD wine pairing toy is fun to find the right wine at any price point. They do not push the most expensive. Of course, we will be back. As a side note the Tomahawk was cheaper than I expected as it is advertised as a 30oz cut of meat and it delivers but I was expecting a higher price, some people will say it is expensive others will say it is priced right for the presentation and the special attention from wait staff and chef.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A Very Noisy Restaurant”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I went to Fleming's on June 7, 2013 with two other couples to celebrate a birthday. It was the first time at Fleming's for all three couples. The food was good for all of us. We had steaks, a very tender pork chop, salmon and scallops. All were excellent except that they were all very expensive. I had a scotch to start but they forgot the lemon twist and I had to ask for it. The Fleming's potatoes were very hot but also very good when they cooled a little, cheesy and tasty.
However, we will never go back because the place was so noisy that we were unable to talk to each other without shouting even to the person sitting next to us. The room is all hard surfaces, the ceiling, the walls, and the furniture. Even though there was carpeting, it was commercial stuff, thin and hard and didn't mask any sound. In addition to the noise from the many conversation, there was music playing over loud speakers that made the noise even worse. You couldn't understand what kind of music it was it was so noisy but it added to the noise level in an irritating way. It is truly unfortunate that the place is so expensive and so noisy because the rest of the restaurant, the food and the general atmosphere was nice.
The birthday boy (81 years old), was given a small box with 4 small, delicious chocolate cakes and a $25 gift certificate for his next visit which he will probably never use.

• Visited June 2013