“Fun, Great Night!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mosaic - St. Louis - CLOSED

Mosaic - St. Louis
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 10th Street
Description: Located in central loft district on Washington Avenue, this stunning modern fusion restaurant is an eye-pleasing mix of granite tables, high ceilings, tall windows and a beautifully designed curvaceous freestanding bar with exquisite black galaxy granite top. Beneath that striking display of wall art, a row of Bunsen burner-style candelabra anchors a small lounge area with seating pillows along a bamboo bench and a pair of lounge chairs: a little pit of love and fire, the spot where you just know the throngs will cluster once things get under way. Executive Chef Ben Lester, with owner/Chef Claus Schmitz, a German native and veteran of European, American and especially Pacific Rim cuisine offers up such delights as Mosaic Pot Stickers filled with tender suckling pork, Manchego stuffed Quail, Korean BBQ Pork Apple ,Mango Caprese, Flight of Soups & many more. Exceptional food meets exceptional Libations, Fresh fruit Mojitos, Chilling Martini's, and a wealth of experience.
Tuscola, IL
“Fun, Great Night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Two friends and I went here while attending a conference and it was magnificent! Food was unique and delicious and drinks were so good!! A bit pricey I was blessed to have a friend who wanted to buy the whole thing-God Bless Her! Waiter was so sweet, he happily answered all our silly questions and didn't act put off by them at all :)

• Visited September 2012

Glenview, Illinois, United States
“Everything was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I came to STL for the weekend, and I found Mosaic by looking up restaurants in the area here on Trip Advisor. We love tapas, and when I looked at the menu, everything looked so delicious and the prices were completely reasonable.

We split the African hummus, asparagus, short ribs, and the frites and then had the s'mores tart for dessert. I swear we couldn't even pick a favorite because they were all completely perfect!

On top of that, the ambiance was really cool--mellow and funky, I would describe it as. Our waiter, Jordan, was FANTASTIC. He even gave us some insight on what to do locally during our stay. Everyone from the hostess to the wait staff to the bus boys were incredibly attentive and wonderful. I wish there was one of these in Chicago!

• Visited December 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great food. Great Mojitos!! This place is awesome if your looking for somewhere entertaining and great food. I enjoyed a dinner party here and it was fabulous.

Visited August 2012
San Francisco, California
“Salty in Saint Louis”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We arrived after 9pm on a Friday night and were greeted at the front desk by the hostess(?) who looked up from her station and said, "what do you want?" My husband and I exchanged surprised looks and said we would like to have dinner. I have to admit that was an odd greeting at the front door of a restaurant open for dinner. Anyway, we were seated at a comfortable table by a window.
Our server was friendly, knowledgable about the menu and very helpful. She explained that the restaurant offers tapas or small plates and gave us a few recommendations. They have a good wine list, I ordered a Napa Valley Chardonnay and the dishes we ordered came up quickly. My husband, son and I all agreed that everything we were served was grossly over salted- with the exception of the short ribs, which were pretty good. Would I return? Not likely

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pachecopatty
Chicago, Illinois
“Very unique combinations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

We went to this place on the recommendation of our hotel concierge. When the taxi driver dropped us off there he said, "Oh, you will like this place!" We sure did enjoy the small plates, hot and cold. My friend and I shared everything. The compressed watermelon salad sure was different. The steak small plate was out of this world. The salmon entree was incredible and delectable. The chocolate cake had popcorn on top! We were thankful the waiter took the time to give us suggestions, as the choices all sounded so good and it was very hard to decide. Would love to go back next time we're in St. Louis.

• Visited November 2012