“don't bother”

Llywelyn's Pub
Ranked #1,948 of 2,890 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central West End
Armada, Michigan, United States
“don't bother”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

the service was poor. the food was late and cold. they took it back and never returned with the replacement while everyone around us were still being served. All this with no apologies!

• Visited May 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“The best Curry I have had in a long time!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Wow, the first time we visited I was not impressed, only because they did not get my order right and we were on a strict time line so I was not able to get a corrected order. The waitress did offer. Due to the customer service, I was willing to try again the next time we were in St. Louis, (Soulard Area). This time was perfect!! The service was fantastic. The Chicken Curry....well I have to say it was better than many of the Indian restaurants I have been too. The seasoning was perfect. My husband loved that there are many many beers to choose from! The desserts were fantastic, we had a coupon so we decided to try the brownies and the cheesecake. Wow were we surprised. You get two pieces and they are huge!! The brownies we will do again, they would be perfect to share after a hockey/baseball/football game. One order will do as the two brownies are huge. And they are hot, yum!! We had outside seating which was very nice. Also this is right next to great little historic shopping in the Soulard Farmer's market. It was only my husband and I but we would definately bring our daughter. The inside is great with wood floors, it's definately a great irish pub. Parking is a challenge but not unbearable.

• Visited April 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Chose the wrong location again”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Well, I didn't visit this particular one, but I did visit the one out in St. Charles. It rocked!!! Loved the "vault room." Hopefully this location is as good as St. Charles, but, if not, try hopping over the river to St. Chuck and try out that location. I think you'll enjoy it as much as we did. Shepherd's pie was pretty good. Never had it before, but wanted to try it. Not too shabby.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank MissouriTravelFamily
Wichita, Kansas
“Tasty Irish Pub food”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I know it's a pub, but we came here for lunch and wasn't drinking, so I'm only commenting on the food. This is also a review specifically for the St. Louis, MO restaurant.. We sat outdoors which his right by the Missouri river. Some places, the river is smelly, but not this particular location. I had Cabbage Rolls and my husband had a burger called "The Monarch" and was made with Kobe Beef. Let me start with my husband's burger because it was the best burger ever. I've had so called "kobe beef" burgers at other places, and it was never anything special. The kobe beef burger here though was divine. It was seasoned and cooked to perfection with bacon, grilled onions, and cheese on a toasted onion bun. I see why it's called "The Monarch" as it was literally the king of burgers to me. My cabbage rolls were also delicious. They were filled with ground beef, onions, and rice. They sat on a bed of more rice and covered in tomato sauce. The portions here were very large and I think we could've been o.k. sharing a meal honestly (if only we didn't love food so much and need to each get our own dishes so we can try more food!) Our friend's had the shepherd's pie and a turkey sandwich, which were both good as well. The "Monarch" though, like I said, was just an amazing burger. All other burgers anywhere else pale in comparison!

• Visited March 2012
St. Louis, Missouri
“English Pub”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

A little piece of "old England" at your doorstep. Food is great, and plenty of beer, ale, and stout choices. I highly recommend!