“Thanksgiving in Feb.”

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Thanksgiving in Feb.”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I got the turkey and dressing it came with a side of cranberry sauce. I also got a side of mashed potato's and gravy and corn. The turkey and dressing and gravy were very yummy, the corn and potato's were so-so. I also got a piece of chocolate cream pie, which was yummy. This is a one of a kind experience as cafeteria style restaurants are becoming a thing of the past. It reminds me of my grandparents and Mrs. Sherrie's Cafeteria, which are fond memories.

• Visited February 2012

Princeton, New Jersey
“Not my favorite experience to say the least”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Garavelli's is probably what some would consider an institution in st. Louis. We were told it's the best fish sandwich you could get, and we don't mind hitting a dive now and then. We actually prefer non-chain authentic places. We aren't however, big fans of cafeteria style eating, and that's exactly what this is. The fish sandwich was an enormous portion and tasted okay, might have been better on a different bread choice. (I got the sourdough hoagie) it was pretty bland, but the worst part was feeling like things weren't very clean. I didn't really want to use the silverware or drink from the cups. I just got a gross feeling from the whole experience. We definitely stuck out like sore thumbs...we were pretty much the only young people in there. Even the bathroom seemed very old and dirty and stinky. It's in need of an update. All that said, I'm sure there are many regulars that go there and love it. I don't think I'll go back.

• Visited June 2011
Ballwin
“STRICTLY old people food, but edible.”
Reviewed October 29, 2010

This place is STRICTLY for old folks. My brother is 40 and when he walked in, the staff KNEW he was picking up a to-go order because eveyrone in the place had blue hair. It was very bland and plain food. Similar to hosptial food. However, the turkey portion was HUGE. And the turkey and mashed potatoes were good. But the corn on the cob was BURNT. That's right, BURNT. How does that happen?!? And the stuffing/dressing was nasty. If you have grandparents over 85, this is the place to take them.

Rhode Island
“Good Comfort Food”
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We were driving along the old route 66 and wanted to find a nice family owned restaurant. We came across this place and were not disappointed. It's cafeteria style, so don't expect to be seated when you step inside the door. You have a few choices of sides, desserts, and main dishes. For our three meals our dinner totaled $28. Everyone got something they liked, and the stuffed cabbage was the best and largest that I have ever had. We enjoyed it, and it was home cooking at its best!

1 Thank dmh26