“Great weekend stay - family with young children”

Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch
Ranked #23 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just a stone's throw from the Arch and beautiful Busch Stadium sits this wonderful hotel tucked just below the skyline. The wonderful staff and accommodating concierge are sure to help you find the best local restaurant or help bring you bags to and from your room. While the rooms in we stayed in didn't have much of a view, it was made up for by a comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. If we visit the St. Louis area again, we'll be sure to check in to the Hilton.

The icing on the cake for us was when my young daughter and I were waiting on Mommy and big sister to come down from the room and meet us in the lobby. She was getting impatient and started to fuss a little. The valet walked over to us and said it would be his pleasure to treat her to some candy of her choice. The candy brought a smile to her face and an even bigger smile to mine. Outstanding experience.

Room Tip: East-facing rooms should have a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear Brad S, Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent stay in St. Louis. The staff and I truly enjoyed you and your family as our guests and we are pleased we brought an extra smile to you and yours.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This place has been awesome with the exception of one thing. ... loud motorcycles that pass by between 11:30pm and on. I am currently staying in the hotel and this is my second night here. Both nights my husband and I have been woken up by the noise of extremely loud motorcycles. Now I can't sleep. They couldn't relocate us last night because they were at full capacity. We decided to chance it tonight, and just stay in the same room, because we were assured it might be better simply because of the day it was. No chance. I did notice, however, that a police car is now stationed outside the hotel. I'm not sure why this wasn't done earlier in the evening, though, when the motorcycle noise first started.
Other than that, we think the hotel is terrific. The location is excellent, with the exception, of course, being right next to a busy street.
John, at the front desk, is awesome! He has provided spot- on suggestions for dinner that we've absolutely loved. Plus he's helped us with directions and anything else we've inquired about. John provided us with complimentary passes to the breakfast buffet, too. That was awesome..... and the food was great! We came here to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary, and he has helped make it just that much more special! Thanks, John!
So far, all the staff we've encountered have been friendly and willing to go above and beyond. I would recommend this hotel, but maybe ask for a room higher up or away from the busy street noise.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Megan B, Thank you for the fantastic review! We are delighted you and your husband enjoyed your anniversary at our Hilton. We are committed to our guests with great service and a great product. I am excited to share your comments with John. I know it will make his day.
I do apologize for the noise outside from the motorcycles. I will get in contact with city officials to see what can be done to ease the excess noise.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon in St. Louis. Safe travels to you and yours.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Spouse and I stayed here for a couple of nights to go to a ballgame and to go to Forest Park. The former bank building has a beautiful lobby and the front desk staff was very nice, I especially liked the safe doors that lead to the mini mart. Cold, infused water was available in the lobby throughout the afternoon. That's the good of the hotel.

Our room, while okay, was not what I would call the Hilton standard. It was a large room, but it was dark. Our room faced an alley that allowed no natural light into it. The florescent lighting in the room did nothing to shake away the gloom. The bed was really hard and uncomfortable. I actually ended up sleeping on the chaise lounge that was in our room the second night of our stay, Also, a table in the room featured a broken leg and it was just propped up against a wall. The room had no alarm clock, which I thought odd. I mentioned it at the desk the next day and one was offered, though. We were located across from a service elevator that was apparently used throughout the night. At one point, on the first night, our bed vibrated off and on for about 10 minutes, waking me from sleep. I never did figure out what was going on there.

My biggest gripe is with housekeeping. On the day we were checking out, but had not done so yet, housekeeping tried to enter our room at 8am. She knocked and then immediately tried the door. Fortunately, we had the latch on. Why would housekeeping try to come into a room that early, especially when we had not yet checked out?

That being said, the location is ideal for going to a game. It is only about 5 blocks from the ball field and is an easy walk. Also a Metrolink station is four blocks away, thus making getting to Forest Park or other destinations easy.

Starbucks coffee is a available at the bar in the morning for Starbucks prices.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Kim K, Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology the room was not in excellent condition. I shall follow up with housekeeping to ensure proper room checks are in place so we may be at the top of our game.
Our building was constructed in the late 1800's and with the new modern building around us some of our room views are obstructed. We will be happy to select another room facing 4th Street to allow more nature light as important aspect of your stay.
If I may be of personal assistance to you please feel free to contact me direct at mark.sugars@hilton.com.
Thank you for your business and we hope to be of service again in the future. Safe travels to you and yours.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Friendly staff, nice bar – terrible restaurant, and substandard housekeeping. If you stay here, don’t use the in-room coffee maker, and it is advisable that you eat at the Hotel across the street. The Hilton brand has definitely taken a nose dive – the value received at this hotel is very poor. Premium prices, with Holiday Inn quality.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Caoimhin C, Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We are disappointed we did not deliver service to your expectations. We want all our guests to feel welcome and cared for and with you we missed the mark. Please accept my sincere apology you encountered some issues while staying with us. I truly appreciate you letting us know so we may correct the problems mentioned so we may better serve you in the future. Please feel free to contact me direct at mark.sugars@hilton.com if I may be of additional serve to you with hopes to regain your confidence in our hospitality.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel was not only classic in design, with clean rooms and comfortable rooms, but the staff was over the top. They assisted me in finding places to visit, eat, and getting me transportation. This was one of the best business stays ever.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lueen J, Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We cannot say thank you enough for your kind words. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return to St. Louis.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We flew into town to catch a Cardinals game, and chose to stay at the Hilton by the Arch (not the one closest to the Stadium). The walk to the park was easy, and it was very convenient to other locations. The hotel staff was friendly and the rooms nice.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevators, which can be loud, especially if you turn in before midnight.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear sreptile, Thank you for your homerun review! We are happy to be of service to you and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis. Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and yours.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The price of this hotel scared me, but with such a friendly & understanding staff, it made my hotel stay completely worth the price! We did a lot of walking because everything was within walking distance, which was the main reason I booked this hotel. The parking garage was secured so we had no issues with break-ins or anything being stolen. I would def recommend this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Nyla B, Thank you for your Five Star Review! We were delighted to have you as our guest and enjoy our newly renovated boutique hotel. The entire staff has smiles on their faces knowing you had a great stay. Please call upon us again the next time you visit St. Louis.