Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
Ranked #2 of 92 Dessert in Saint Louis
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Ted Drewes is closed for the season and will re-open on February 11, 2016.... Could you please update this information on our Trip Advisor Page.... Thank you
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I visited Ted Drewes last year by myself and the lemon custard was so flavorful that I returned with my husband this summer while traveling Route 66. The delicious s'more concrete we ordered can stand on its own but coupled with nostalgia makes this custard stand unbeatable. Pricing is very competitive, a long list of flavor choices and excellent service makes Ted Drewes Frozen Custard simply the best!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,866)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

First ate here in the early '80s. Little has changed of Ted Drewes, though it's surroundings have. The custard may be slightly less thick than what I remember, but that may just be me. A must-do.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

TD's as St. Louisans call it, is a hometown favorite. Why? To start off with, it's got amazing frozen custard. Yum. Add toppings and make a concrete any which way you want it and you are in dessert heaven. I can't even tell you what my favorite concrete is. I just keep experimenting every time I go and it's been wonderful.
The true TDs experience comes when you go there on a hot summer night and sit on your car and eat some custard. Such is the sweet life.
You haven't quite experienced St. Louis until you have experienced TDs. It's tradition! Go!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Besides being historic and on old Route 66, this is by far some of the best custard that anyone will ever eat. Went on a weeknight while vacationing in Saint Louis for some frozen deserts. It was crowded, as expected, but the service was quick and friendly. There are many, many options to choose from and everyone can find something that should suit them. A must stop, if anyone has the time while in Saint Louis!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Don't know why frozen custard hasn't taken off all over the world (the name?), but I get it here every year during our annual pilgrimage to Busch Stadium. It's worth the drive out Route 66...every time.