“Frozen Custard Experience”

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
Ranked #2 of 92 Dessert in Saint Louis
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Ted Drewes is closed for the season and will re-open on February 11, 2016.... Could you please update this information on our Trip Advisor Page.... Thank you
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Totally enjoyed and loved the atmosphere, people hanging out with friends and family. I had a peach flavored frozen custard and it made my day.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,923)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

If you're in St. Louis for any reason stop at Ted Drews. The frozen custard is great and the fresh fruit used to make you're favorite flavors cranks it up a notch. The service is excellent as well. My husband and I wanted to take some home; we told our server we lived 200 miles away she packed dry ice in with our custard and it was still froze solid when we got home!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

This place is amazing! If you are a chocolate and cherry fan definitely do the Cardinal Sin. There are options for everyone from sundaes to concretes (like a blizzard but not runny-they will flip the cup over to show you how thick it is). They are open most of the year but when it is warm out expect a wait. Parking can be a pain but you can park in the neighborhood around it if you don't mind a short walk.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

You can probably go to any large city in the world and talk with someone who is even remotely familiar with St Louis, and that person would know about the wonders of Ted Drewes' frozen custard. They have nothing else - just a gazillion frozen custard / fruit / toppings combinations. And the primary location on Chippewa is open year-round. My wife and I went there in late December, and there was a crowd standing around, eating frozen custard. There is no indoor seating, which is part of the atmosphere.
And in the winter, you can also purchase your live Christmas tree there...

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I eat at Teds about once every 2 months when I get a sweet tooth.They have the best custard in town and pair that with good service and you have a winner.I usually get a banana and caramel concrete and have never been let down.Stop by for some frozen custard (not ice cream) and you won't be dissappointed.