“Must Try Landmark in St Louis”

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
Ranked #2 of 92 Dessert in Saint Louis
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Ted Drewes is closed for the season and will re-open on February 11, 2016.... Could you please update this information on our Trip Advisor Page.... Thank you
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Chocolate Chip Concrete is my favorite. The service is super-friendly and the staff outnumbers customers by 4 to 1. I mean Ted Drewes gets the concept of delighting its customers. You will leave this place with caloric regret and a great big smile on your face!

2  Thank jimandelly

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Before taking my daughters on a spring trip to St. Louis, I did a lot of on-line researching through the city web site about interesting sites and treats in the city.
Ted Drews came up as being a renowned, southern custard treat.
We waited in a surprisingly long line to place our orders of frozen custard treats, only to be exceptionally disappointed at the lack of flavor and overwhelming sweetness of their creations. We all had something different, I had a specialty sundae, my youngest had a peach shake and my oldest a chocolate malt. None of us ended up finishing our treats, which was a sad thing for us frozen custard lovers.
Maybe we were just too spoiled having access here in Madison, WI, to one of the finest rated frozen custard establishments in the country, [no kidding, it's called Michael's Frozen Custard, google it], or maybe we just aren't used to what the south considers frozen custard to taste like.
All-in-all, best to save your $'s and find a frozen treat elsewhere.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The best thing that happened in St Louis. Whether you're in the mood for sundaes or concretes, you will never be disappointed. They are always very busy in the summer, so you must be willing to wait. There are limited seating outside, but you will not mind standing while you eat, it is worth it!!!

1  Thank whitelotusflower
Reviewed February 11, 2013

So yummy, great on a nice evening. They have so many flavors, I love the blueberry and raspberry. They even have some for your dog.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Frozen Custard at it's best! This is always a treat when you travel back east. Very popular and always busy.

1  Thank destinationaddict