“Tremendous frozen custard!”

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
Ranked #2 of 92 Dessert in Saint Louis
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Ted Drewes is closed for the season and will re-open on February 11, 2016.... Could you please update this information on our Trip Advisor Page.... Thank you
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I actually visited the Ted Drewes location on Chippewa street. Ordered a hot fudge concrete and it really was tremendous. Not sure why it's better than other frozen custards I've had - creamier maybe? I will go back next time I'm in town!
Service was fast, and the price is very reasonable - comparing against a blizzard from DQ. You order through windows on the outside - no seating or indoors that I noticed. Most people just tailgate in the parking lot, which is kinda neat. I've heard you can get it frozen from places around town, but I doubt it would be quite as good.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Ted Drewes is a tradition in our family. We visit St. Louis once a year and go here every single time! Their concretes are yummy. People tailgate and eat their frozen custard. Lines can get long on weekends. Worth the drive. Worth the wait. We compare every ice cream/treat we eat to Ted Drewes. They are THAT good. And so many things to choose from.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The ice cream here is great! I love the custard and mix-ins, and the price is cheap. I haven't quite figured out their hours, so I would recommend calling to make sure they are open before you visit. It really is amazing, so if you haven't tried it you should. They provide ice cream for work from time to time, and some of their flavors don't freeze well - they can get crystallized. It is best fresh!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went there on a pretty chilly day and there was a huge line (that moved fast). I was told this was a must have while in St Louis and I could not agree more. The concretes are really good and the combinations are brilliant! Will be back!

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Saw this place on trip advisor before we headed to St. Louis, we were not sure about custard, but it is like a smooth icecream..It is absolutely delicious!! It was so good we had to make a second trip.

They even have a live Web Cam and we called our family back home, so they could see us. It is an extremely happening spot and oh so good. A must stop place!