“Went on a whim, did not disappoint”

Broadway Oyster Bar
Ranked #9 of 2,957 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Casual French Quarter style restaurant, bar and music venue specializing in award winning Cajun, Creole and Seafood cuisines. Live music 7 nights per week and twice on almost everyday except Friday. Some music is free and some requires a cover charge. Music style includes blues, rock, reggae, funk, New Orleans, R&B, soul, jam, outlaw country and whatever else we hear and like. Open till 3AM with full menu served till 10PM Sunday- Thursday and 11PM on Friday and Saturday and after Cardinal home night games. Late night food till 2 AM on Friday and Saturday night.
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Was in town for a conference and a friend asked the hotel staff to recommend a place for dinner and she raved about BOB. Three of us decided to venture over from our hotel to see what we could find for dinner. Our interest was peaked when we saw the outside of the building... we knew this place was going to have some great character! What I found on the inside was a funky restaurant with records on the ceiling and eclectic decorations that served up a plate full of deliciousness...

After listening to the waiter share some recommendations, I ordered the Shrimp and Grits. Oh. My. Goodness. Were they every good! The grits were mixed with white cheddar, little bits of andouille sausage, and onion and made into a cake. The grits were topped with sautéed shrimp & smothered in a savory Creole cream sauce. So, so delicious, with a nice kick that was tempered by my drink - Abita Purple Haze, a raspberry wheat beer. The ironic part of the night was on our walk back to the hotel we took a different route and stumbled across the TUMS factory... after the spicy food, we all joked we could use a TUMS!

Not sure when I will ever be back in St. Louis, but I know when I am there will be a stop at Broadway Oyster Bar.

JohnJSt_Louis_Mo_, Owner at Broadway Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank goodness for "whims" and downtown hotels that recommend BOB to their residents! Glad you enjoyed your dinner with us as well as the look and atmosphere of the place. We are not everyone's style but we find that those who like the look and "character" of BOB seem to have a great time. Love to see you again on a return trip to St. Louis. It's not that far away! John

Reviewed February 5, 2014

BOB has long been my favorite place to eat, and our most recent visit didn't disappoint. We started with the Voodoo Wings, which were very tastey, as usual. My husband had the Sampler Platter and I tried the Blackened Tuna Fajitas. Both were excellent. Our server was knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Fun atmosphere.

JohnJSt_Louis_Mo_, Owner at Broadway Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thanks for the fine review. Very glad we continue as a favorite for you. The Blackened Tuna Fajitas are a new menu item. Glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to seeing you again soon. John

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for dinner on our way out of town. Boy am I glad we did! What a nice treasure to find in STL. The menu made it difficult to choose our meal, we could have eaten everything on it. The bread bowl crawfish fondue was great! We also had to sample the friend green tomatoes. I had the lobster po boy.....amazing!!!!! We live two hours away but will definitely be back.

JohnJSt_Louis_Mo_, Owner at Broadway Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thanks for the great review. We love to go to New Orleans whenever we can but we are happy to provide a closer alternative to those, like us, in need of a fix for NOLA food and fun. Glad you had a great time and we will see you again next time in town. John

Reviewed January 30, 2014

One my favorite places to eat, drink and hangout. My wife says this is here favorite place. John, the proprietor, is a very nice guy and the staff is very professional and very nice. Nothing but the best and the food is awesome.
They always seems to have the music from live bands that we like.

JohnJSt_Louis_Mo_, Owner at Broadway Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Your kind words make me blush. Thanks for the great review and very happy that we are one of your favorites. You are one of OUR favorites. John

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We ended up dining on a Saturday night about 5pm. We did not have to wait, but did notice that about an hour later there was a long wait. All of our food was excellent. Oyster shooters are a must and the specialty drinks were delish. A very nice cajun meal!

JohnJSt_Louis_Mo_, Owner at Broadway Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Fantastic is, for lack of a better word, fantastic! Thanks for the great review. Glad you enjoyed everything and we hope to see you back at BOB often. John