“Best Menu EVER!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Broadway Oyster Bar

Broadway Oyster Bar
Ranked #5 of 2,874 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Casual French Quarter style restaurant, bar and music venue specializing in award winning Cajun, Creole and Seafood cuisines. Live music 7 nights per week and twice on almost everyday except Friday. Some music is free and some requires a cover charge. Music style includes blues, rock, reggae, funk, New Orleans, R&B, soul, jam, outlaw country and whatever else we hear and like. Open till 3AM with full menu served till 10PM Sunday- Thursday and 11PM on Friday and Saturday and after Cardinal home night games. Late night food till 2 AM on Friday and Saturday night.
“Best Menu EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

The menu was so amazing I almost wanted to eat the menu! But the food was the really amazing part everything was fresh and delightful. The had some of the best oysters I have ever had. there are also a bunch of other things on the menu if you don't love seafood. Like the pulled pork is has a little spice to it but its all worth it. The one thing to complain about is how tiny the bathroom is, but you get used to it just walk side to side when your in there. So do yourself a favor and go to Broadway Oyster Bar you wont regret it!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JohnJSt_Louis_Mo_, Owner at Broadway Oyster Bar, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thanks for the GREAT REVIEW! So glad you enjoyed our food. Sorry about the bathroom size but what can you do with a building built in 1843 with no plumbing at all! Good choice not eating the menu itself. Probably not very good. John

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great atmosphere, service and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We hit the oyster bar to experience some authentic New Orleans style food and it did not let us down. I tried the sampler platter and it was great, but almost too much food! Next time I will focus on one item, which I should have tried the muffaletta, which is what I wanted. But I wanted to try it all so I did!
We had 2 rounds of oyster shooters, they were awesome! Our waitress was really nice, gave us tips where to go after. Everyone at the table enjoyed the food. I thought the jambalaya was the best out of the sampler platter.I definitely will come back next time in St. Louis.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JohnJSt_Louis_Mo_, Owner at Broadway Oyster Bar, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thanks for the great review. We do have a pretty large menu because we all like to eat here and we like a lot of variety. We would love for you to come back and visit us again and dive into exploring the rest of the menu. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your return. John
Buchanan, Tennessee
“Wonderful Cajun Creole Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

This was my first time to dine here on a recent trip to St. Louis. It is definitely a dive but the food is top notch! It's probably some of the best food I've had in ANY restaurant in a very long time. You have to try out the appetizers, especially the fried crawfish tails and alligator bites. For dinner I had the Ahi Tuna Fajitas. Delicious! Everyone in our party had something different and everyone loved their dish. Spicy? Yes! But we're talking authentic Cajun food. Service and prices were great as well.
I'm afraid I'll have to make another trip to St. Louis soon just to satisfy my craving for this food!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I agree with you. I also think you will have to make a trip back to St. Louis to visit us again! What the heck, you are not THAT far away. Thanks for the great review and we look forward to your return visit.
“Amazing REAL Cajun Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Second time here and again had a real Cajun experience. The shrimp and grits were outstanding. Best gumbo I've ever eaten. I'm not a oyster person so can't speak to them but awesome jambalaya and crawfish étouffée. We eat here every time we are in STL. Very reasonably priced. The decor inside reminds you of a back alley NOLA dive but the food is high class.

JohnJSt_Louis_Mo_, Owner at Broadway Oyster Bar, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
GREAT REVIEW! Thank you for the kind words. Serving Cajun and Creole staples like gumbo, etoufee, jambalaya and shrimp and grits can be tricky because these dishes are done differently all over the South In restaurants and homes. Sometimes it is hard to compete with Grandma's gumbo! Glad you like our versions and look forward to your return. John
Columbia, South Carolina
“shrimp & Grits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

The BEST Shrimp & Grits I've ever had and I live a hour from Charleston, SC. The staff is very welcoming. I loved the sign on the door. " check your attitude at the door" Found out by our bartender at the hotel it's a local hang out. At night there is live blues music. Looks small from the outside, but plenary of room inside and a heated deck. Wasn't sure if I wanted to give up my new secret place on Trip Advisor...but here you go. It's located across from the stadium. BOB APPETITE!!! Cajun food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JohnJSt_Louis_Mo_, Owner at Broadway Oyster Bar, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
WOW! For someone such as yourself from South Carolina, the home of shrimp and grits, to say that ours is the best ever is overwhelming. Thank you so much for the compliment. Shrimp and grits is a new addition to our menu and so far is going over well. Your recommendation will certainly help the cause. Thanks again and hope to see you next time you are in town. John