“Great food and atmosphere”

Broadway Oyster Bar
Ranked #8 of 2,971 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Bar scene
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Casual French Quarter style restaurant, bar and music venue specializing in award winning Cajun, Creole and Seafood cuisines. Live music 7 nights per week and twice on almost everyday except Friday. Some music is free and some requires a cover charge. Music style includes blues, rock, reggae, funk, New Orleans, R&B, soul, jam, outlaw country and whatever else we hear and like. Open till 3AM with full menu served till 10PM Sunday- Thursday and 11PM on Friday and Saturday and after Cardinal home night games. Late night food till 2 AM on Friday and Saturday night.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was in St Louis to visit a friend and was famished after a long travel day. She said she was taking me to one of her favorites. Now it is one of my favorites. I had the jambalaya, it was fantastic. We also had a side of homemade Cajun chips -awesome!!

The bar area where the band played reminded me of a county road garage. Both the band and the clientele were highly entertaining. Great service, fabulous food and fun ambiance. I will go here again when in St Louis.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed January 15, 2013

great food..wish we had got there earlier.. started to get really crowed when the band started ..great music however so if you dont mind the crowd then you wont care!! also it was a sat. night so maybe the weekdays are not so packed.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great atmosphere, excellent service, good food. The waiter said there were about 2 dozen crawfish in the appetizer....there were more like 4 dozen. Drinks were good, entrees (bass & fish tacos) were delicious...we couldn't finish it all! Music was bland, but we were with the dinner crowd.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Twenty years ago, when I lived in St. Louis, I went to the Broadway Oyster Bar with some friends on a Saturday night because the place was known for showcasing local blues talent. The place was so crowded we couldn't have gotten a drink with a gun, never mind a meal. I never returned, thinking this was just a downtown tourist trap. Last week, we revisited after all these years, and I wish we had come back sooner. I love cajun food, and I doubt you can do any better anywhere in St. Louis. The raw oysters were great, and reasonably priced. The gumbo was almost as good as mine, (thanks to Paul Prudhome). The waitress was smart, friendly, a grownup, and paid attention to us. The only complaint I have is that the crawfish tails were a bit too spicy, probably a lot too spicy for the cajunally challenged. After two pounds or so I had to stop eating them. The only other advice I have is that this place is small and a only a few blocks from Busch Stadium, so go early on ballgame nights or weekends.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We came here to celebrate our daughters graduation from slu it was my husband and dads first time there they said it was as great as we had Said it was great staff and food along with atmosphere