“Great food and an unexpected delightful experience.”

Remy's Kitchen & Wine Bar
Ranked #115 of 2,888 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Flavors of the Mediterranean since 1995. Water separates people of the world, wine unites us.
Key Largo, Florida
“Great food and an unexpected delightful experience.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by the hotel where we were staying, because we wanted someplace within walking distance, we were pleasantly surprised. The food was inventive, reasonably priced and delicious. The Waitstaff were attentive without being overbearing. We also most never get dessert, but someone recommended the homemade bread pudding. It was amazing!

Visited July 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Always excellent”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great eclectic menu; always something new and wonderful to try. Remy's supports local farms, so I know I'm going to get fresh and healthy meal. The atmosphere is convivial; friends gathered around a table or at the bar chatting over "small plates", "large plates" and good wine. It's the kind of place that serves five-star food without losing it's personal charm. I've chosen Remy's for a special night out, for entertaining out-of-town guests/colleagues and drop by for lunch with co-workers. (Lunch menu is every bit as good as the dinner menu and priced well). You really can't go wrong here.

Visited March 2013
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“Remy's offers great food and awesome wine flights, but service is so-so at best”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

First, let me say that I have enjoyed all of the food and drink that I have tried at Remy's. Since we often hold happy hours there, rest assured that I have sampled well over half of the menu at one time or another.

The restaurant has a first rate wine list, and I really like their Tuesday Tasting special events. For Tuesday Tastings in 2013, Remy's is featuring food and wine pairings from different parts of Europe!

Honestly the real wild card in going to Remy's is the service. I have never had what I would consider great service, but the service level has tended toward the okay/less than stellar/pitiful categories. (This has been true with or without a reservation.) In fact, I have often thought about leaving no tip, but I doubt that would bode well for my next visit...

Bottom line: If you want to go to a wine bar with a good food selection and are not in a hurry to get to anything with a start time, this could be the place for you! If you are on a strict timeline, I would take a pass on Remy's.

• Visited March 2013
Illinois
“One of the best restaurants in a city of terrific restaurants”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Remy's Kitchen & Wine Bar is one of St. Louis's outstanding restaurants. Lisa Slay, the executive chef, has created an innovative and delicious menu that is consistently excellent. Great selection of small plates & the bread pudding is "to die for". Fabulous wine selections & the wine flights are a wonderful way to try new wines. The servers and bartenders are knowledgeable and friendly. Remy's is a fun & relaxing place to visit. I would highly recommend it.

Missouri
“very good food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We shared a number of their "small plates" so we could try as many dishes and possible. All were fabulous. We tried the crab cakes, lamb in stuffed grape leaves, roasted brussel sprouts, frito misto, and the fried polenta sticks. All were wonderful, my favorite was the "frito misto" a lightly breaded and fried mix of calamari, shrimp and scallops. The calamari was the best I've had anywhere. For dessert our server recommended the chocolate Napolean, and again, it did not dissapoint, large portion, plenty big enough to share. The dining room felt a little tight, tables very close together, but the food made the visit worth it.

• Visited February 2013