“Good Food, Good Service”

Morgan Street Brewery
Ranked #279 of 2,900 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Grove City, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, Good Service”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Food was good, service was good. Not necessarily a place for a family. While they supply highchairs, crayons, balloons to draw in families, they don't even have changing tables in the bathrooms. The only bathroom on the first floor of the restaurant is only a single unisex bathroom. The server whom I asked for directions to the restroom while holding my small child directed me to THAT bathroom which was obviously not going to work as there wasn't even counter space. I eventually found another bathroom on the second floor which had multiple stalls, and while there was still no changing table, at least there was ample clean counterspace around the sinks to be able to change my little one.

Visited April 2014

Kearney
“Needed a new place to eat.”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Walked to the Arch and decided to walk to Laclede's landing and find a place to eat. A bit disappointed with the food but the group I was with enjoyed there meal. The wait staff was very helpful and goo.

Visited April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Meh”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stopped in here for a quick lunch. The Honey Wheat beer was clear (not how a wheat beer should be) and so-so in flavor. I'm not sure the crab cake was more than crab-flavored bread crumbs. Atmosphere and service were okay.

• Visited April 2014
Olney, Illinois, United States
“Service Could Stand to Be Improved”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We have made annual trips to St. Louis and dinner at Morgan Street Brewery. After several years of putting up with the same short comings I still question myself why we go back. We typically go to Morgan Street Brewery on Saturday evening and of course they are busy. Understandable. The part that is not understandable is why they do not seat customers when there are empty tables! For approximately 45 minutes at least 2 tables (which we could see) were empty. Lots of help wandering around and talking to each other, but not much work getting done. Our waitress was great, but the "boys" at the front desk were not too worry about anything! Unfortunately, they don't take reservations. I must say the food is good. The beef medallions with mushrooms is out of this world. That is the only reason I put up with their poor service.

• Visited March 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“OK, potential to be better”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were there on a busy Saturday afternoon for lunch - seemed to not have enough staff working, so it took a while and we had to ask for things multiple times.

Good was average - pizza wasn't great and the smoked turkey sandwich was better. Good location, good menu, nice decor & environment - may have been better if we were there at a less busy time.

• Visited March 2014