“Great Beer - Great People!”

Morgan Street Brewery
Ranked #286 of 2,926 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Northern New Jersey
“Great Beer - Great People!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We didn't eat here, only stopped in late night for drinks. Their craft brews were very good, full bodied beer. And the people were awesome - very funny and friendly. I can't wait to go back on my next visit to St Louis and try the food.

• Visited June 2011

Grapevine, Texas
“Good location, meidocre food and beer”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We went to this place on a Friday night. It is located in the popular Laclede's Landing district, and is in a great location.

I had the cheese pizza and frankly, it was terrible. It had way too much cheese and the crust was too thick to be a true St. Louis style pizza. In their defense, however, the server was very apologetic and did take it off my bill. Everyone else seemed happy with their food, so maybe just the cheese pizza is bad.

Their beer is OK, but I expect better from a brewpub. The selection is a little limited, and I thought the beers I tried lacked flavor somewhat. They would probably be great if you are used to Bud, but if you drink micro brews or craft beers you will probably find the beer here somewhat disappointing. That said, it was not bad, just mediocre. The large beers were a good deal and just a dollar more than the pints. Also the service and atmosphere were very good.

Chicago, Illinois
“Quality beer selection, fun atmosphere, prime location”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

First off, I thought the location was equally as important as the place itself; right in the heart of a pedestrian district bounded by the Mississippi, MLK bridge, expressway and the park the Gateway Arch is situated in - and about 2 blocks from the MetroLink light rail station. You can also easily walk here from the Arch, convention center, or many hotels in downtown.

Food was pretty good for what might otherwise seem like a standard pub-style sit-down place. Instead of french fries, they have these whipped potato nuggets with a fried skin called coniques - definitely try them!

We ordered up two "paddles" (?) of the beer samplers which are served with 5 small glasses of different beers (actually, the paddle only had slots for 4, so they have to hand you the 5th which we found a strange quirk). All brews were of rich taste and high quality.

I've heard some say the service was terrible - our experience was fine, a bit of a wait on the food but otherwise satisfactory. Upon leaving the hostess even gave a ballon to our 3-year old nephew. We also enjoyed the beer so much that we bought a couple of growlers from the bar - way cheaper than ordering it on tap.

Missouri
“Good food, atmosphere, and beer”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My family and I ate here in October 2008. The location is good ( in Laclede's Landing, a fun little neighborhood) and you can walk from anywhere in downtown or the Arch. I had the crab cake sandwich, and it was very good. Soft, tender, and juicy. We sat in a little stone-like alcove. I had a red lager. Solid.

Louisville
“Average”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Food was great. The beers we tried were great. We went early in the evening and it wasn't crowded for dining at all. Pretty family friendly - had a kids menu and crayons. Seems to be more of a bar for 20 somethings after-dark though.