“First disappointment eating on The Hill”
Review of Mama's on The Hill

Mama's on The Hill
Ranked #87 of 2,890 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: The Hill
Jackson, MO
“First disappointment eating on The Hill”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Visited here for Sunday lunch. The dinner salad was made from lettuce most folks would have thrown out, the main course was expensive and both unattractive and overcooked. Menu stated no extra bread unless you now pay an extra fee since "prices have gone up". Not a lot of choice on a Sunday on the Hill, but this one isn't the one to try again.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank nh19813

O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our First time Here”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were down by “The Hill” last Sunday, and looked for a restaurant that was open. There are only a few; Mama Campisi’s is one of them. It turns out to probably be the best Italian restaurant in St. Louis,
Let’s face it it’s all about the food, and it was great. The fried calamari was very tender, I always thought Zia’s had the best salad, but this salad was great. Seafood pasta was awesome, and we had stuffed mushrooms were the best I had ever had. If have not tried Mama Campisi’s you are missing great food and service.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank mjlcarguy
Thornton, Colorado
“My favorite Italian in STL”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family came to visit me in St Louis after I moved there and I wanted to take them to The Hill for Italian. I was told about several we should try. When we were driving around trying to find a place the wait times were ridiculous so we keep looking and stubbled upon Mama Campisi's that seated us right away. Our waiter was fun and friendly. He was even knowledgeable about The Hill's history. And the food was AMAZING. I have tried other Italian restaurants on The Hill and nothing stacks up the Mama Campisi's. Over my several years living in STL I brought many friends and family to Mama's and the food never disappointed!!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank tldarby84
Ballwin, Missouri
“Cheesy”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went for lunch with my mother and aunt.Bad mistake! Service? What service? If you like your food smothered in cheese go for it. Bad representatives for the Hill. Out of 3 meals all 3 were not eaten and not taken home.

2 Thank lindasnstl
Deerfield Beach, Florida, United States
“Good food, OK atmoshere”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The bar tender was a little obnoxious, the A/C wasn't working well and our server had alzheimers...However, the food was fantastic so I would go again-maybe take-out

Visited September 2012