“If you’re at the ocean, turn left and head to Missouri”

Charlie Gitto's On the Hill
Reserve a Table
Sun, 6/16
8:00 PM
Ranked #19 of 3,329 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Hill
Cross street: Marconi & Edwards
Description: Charlie Gitto's On the Hill is a landmark for fine Italian dining in The Hill neighborhood of St. Louis.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Without a doubt the scallop special with creamy corn rissoto was the best I’ve ever had on any coast and in between. Hubby’s new coworkers confirmed we’d like this restaurant even if a bit pricey— I’d pay almost any price to have the scallops again. Hubby’s lasagna portion was big enough to feed a small family. Son enjoyed his monster sized meatballs and spaghetti. We all loved the bread so much with whipped butter that we asked for seconds. The Cesar salad was lightly dressed. The bartender was attentive as were front of the house and our waiter. The ambiance feels old world and the bathroom was immaculate.

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

I had the chicken Marsala and wedge salad. The food is obviously of the highest quality. The ambiance is great, and the restaurant is in a walkable neighborhood. I’ll definitely be back when I return to St. Louis.

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Excellent food. The restaurant was very nice. I ordered the Lasagna and my daughter ordered Pizza. They both was excellent choices. We also ordered the Spinach salad on the side which was amazing.

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Everything was yummy! The service was friendly and professional, and I loved the comfortable and Old World feel of the place! Dress up!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

I decided a couple months ago to eat here for my birthday. I knew it would be really good, but it was actually truly excellent. Every bite had a magnificent texture and taste. The bread, the butter, the salad, the lasagna, the cake: every single bite was delightful! It was one of the best dining experiences of my life. The staff was so warm and attentive. All three hosts spoke to me 2-4 times during my visit, and in addition to my server, I’d say four other staff members attended to me in a very professional, yet friendly, manner. I was thanked more than once for sharing my special day with them. I didn’t feel awkward at all dining solo: excellent food and a comforting atmosphere were my companions.

Date of visit: April 2019