“Excellent food great atmosphere”
Review of Charlie Gitto's

Charlie Gitto's
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Gitto's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,941 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Hill
Cross street: Marconi & Edwards
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Charlie Gitto's is that classic pasta joint that serves up great food, but has that feeling that you are more than just a customer. Charlie, himself, welcomes you at the door from his corner bar stool and then greets you later in the night as he walks from table to table chatting you up. I had the spaghetti with meatballs...boring you say, unimaginative...well the true test of an Italian restaurant is whether or not they can knock the basic sauce and meatball combination out of the park and after seeing all of the St. Louis Cardinal fans in the place this baseball analogy fits...they hit a grand slam!!!

There are newer reviews for Charlie Gitto's

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Surpasses all my expectations! If you want an authentic Italian dining experience with first class service and food -this is it! Our server Thomas was a delight and the food was superb! Worth every penny!

1  Thank KyHomeseller
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I wanted to try something different while in St. Louis and always heard good things about food on "the Hill". I narrowed it down to Charlie Gitto's, I was told it would be wise to make a reservation since it was a weekend. Our waiter, Curt, was a pretty dry guy compared to the other waiters there. He was okay though. The bus boys kept our waters full the whole time and the food was good. I got the Rigatoni with Sausage, it was spicy but just right. Prices were as expected, my dish was $17 and most other pasta dishes were too. We also got the Oreo Gelato, it was a very large piece and it was delicious!. I would recommend Charlie Gitto's.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I wanted to experience "The Hill" having been told by numerous people and our priest back home in Colorado it was a must. With so may places to choose from it was hard to pick where to go. After driving to "The Hill" we realizes that there were even more places to choose from all of which had people standing outside waiting for their opportunity. We were glad for advice from friends as we made reservations and were seated immediately. Dinner was outstanding didn't find anything that I would change. Our waiter was the best and acted as if it was his place. He seemed to love his job. Food was magnificent. Want to try other restaurants in the area but it could be hard as it was so good. We will be back.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Nothing beats heading on over to Charlie Gitto's for an awesome italian dinner any night of the week!