“Excellent service and Meal! Highly Recommend!”
Review of Charlie Gitto's

Charlie Gitto's
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Gitto's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,926 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Hill
Cross street: Marconi & Edwards
Peoria IL
“Excellent service and Meal! Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My Wife and I did not arrive to our hotel until after 8 pm and as thing go we were not able to make our 9 pm dinner reservation; after a quick call to the restaurant I was told no problem that we were running a bit late and they would have our table ready when we arrived. After a short cab ride we arrived and were seated. The atmosphere was nice the lighting was perfect for a romantic meal and being that we came to eat later in the evening we were one of the only tables left eating. My wife ordered the lamb chops and I had a seafood pasta dish. Both were cooked to perfection... Yeah yeah my wife knew I too would want some of the lamb.... Wine pairing and recommendations were also spot on. Our server Dave D. did an excellent job and even offered to take a couple of pictures for us as he saw a camera sitting on the table. We took dessert to go and were on our way. Overall it was an exceptional meal and experience Food was awesome service was top notch and even though we were the last table to leave never once felt rushed or unappreciated. Thanks for the awesome night and sorry it took me so long to leave this review!

• Visited November 2013

• Greek first
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
“Drive 250 miles for spaghetti? In a heartbeat!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Seriously, this place is worth the drive. Charlie Gitto's is a few blocks north of Busch Stadium, close to the football stadium and convention center.

As soon as you walk in, you notice dozens (hundreds?) of pictures lining the walls.... Ballplayers, entertainers, journalists, politicians, celebrities of all stripes.... And the OTHER guy in many of the pictures is the guy sitting at the bar. Yeah, this is a place where you're most likely to meet the boss; and it's fun.

Italian food like you haven't had before. It starts with the bread and olive oil. I don't know where the olive oil is coming from, but WOW. Next, toasted ravioli like you can only get in St. Louis. Then the salad.... It doesn't look very special, but the house dressing of olive oil, Parmesan, salt, and pepper is amazing. Then come the entrees.... The cheesiest lasagna you've ever had.... ravioli, gnocci, sandwiches, and pizza.

Just a great experience all around.

• Visited June 2013
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“a true classic”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

the whole place is run as a classic white cloth deal. not the kind of place i typically would pick.. but once in a while.. bus boys all over the place, too eager to refill your water, but our waiter (brian?) was top-notch- calm, reserved, attentive- my lasagna was too rich but very traditional and satisfying. my wife's seafood risotto was also too rich but so full-on flavored. my son's pizza had a genuine wood-fired taste that was very pleasing. overall, a good experience for a reasonable price given the amount of personnel milling around.

• Visited December 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
“Fabulous restaurant”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was an extraordinary experience. The food was among the best I have had of "family Italian" in the US. Our waiter was exceptional. Great ambience

Visited December 2013
Springfield, Illinois
“Good Find on a Sunday”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel we were staying and turned out to be excellent. The food, service and ambiance were tops. The fact this was for a Sunday evening meal made it all that more enjoyable. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a quality place to eat.

Visited December 2013