“Superb service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charlie Gitto's

Charlie Gitto's
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Gitto's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,875 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Hill
Cross street: Marconi & Edwards
Olive Branch, Mississippi
“Superb service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were able to make last minute reservations on a Saturday night and really enjoyed our visit. Our waiter definitely knew the menu inside and out and was able to make suggest dishes of interest for each of us. I have to be honest here and say that the service wowed us more than the food. Italian food is one of my favorites and there really wasn't anything special about either of the pasta dishes we ordered. I would probably go to the restaurant again, but it just didn't live up to my expectations after all the reviews I've read. We will have to try different entrees next time around.

Visited July 2013

• Greek first
“we love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately we live 2 hours drive from this restaurant. We stayed overnight in St Louis before we flew to the Bahama's. We ate at Charlie Gitto's. As always dinner was fabulous. It was a great start to our family vacation.

• Visited August 2012
Normal, Illinois
“This was awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

During a recent visit to St. Louis, my wife, adult daughter and I were in The Hill area at dinner time. I had eaten at a couple of restaurants on The Hill before but never Charlie Gitto's. First the service was the best I have ever received. The hostess not only was friendly, but show us to our table outside then proceeded to unwrapped out napkins and silverware. Set the silverware at each of our places, then straightened the napkins and spread them on each of our laps. We placed our orders with a very nice waiter and sat and talked for a while. I was only drinking ice water and after about each 2 swallows, my glass was filled again. This went on during the entire wait for our food. I ordered Tortellini alla Panna, meat-filled tortellini, mushrooms, peas, prosciutto and Parmesan cream sauce. The BEST pasta I have ever eaten!!!!!!!!!!!! I was expecting pretty good food but this was beyond my expectations. This place isn't cheap. It you want cheap, go to Olive Garden. By the way, I love Olive Garden. But Charlie Gitto's is an experience that you will remember for years. From now on, any trip to St. Louis will include Charlie Gitto's. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
Elwood, Nebraska
“Eggplant Napoleon was just fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We came late and they were more than happy to see us. The service was super, and the food was as good as the first time I visited. I don't get to St. Louis very often, but Charlie Gitto's has quickly become a favorite. Oh, yes. . . the Eggplant Napoleon was just fabulous.

• Visited June 2013
Boston suburbs
“Nice Local Feeling Italian Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have to eat out a lot with travel so I tend to search out local establishments and avoid the franchise operations when I can. This apparently has been a local favorite for many years and still has a great vibe to it. Plenty of celebrity photos on the walls attest to that. I visited on a Monday night expecting an empty restaurant but to my surprise it was jammed by 7pm or so. I guess the recession is over.

Service and the food were very good and fairly priced. I had the lasagna that was served in an individual dish that was recommended by my waitress, a really good call. The Calamari was tender and maybe a little sweeter than what I'm used to, very tasty. With a nice Pinot Nior, again fairly priced, this place will get another visit the next time I’m in St. Louis.

• Visited June 2013