“Outstanding”
Review of Charlie Gitto's

Charlie Gitto's
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Gitto's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,959 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Hill
Cross street: Marconi & Edwards
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

As always Charlie Gittos presents exceptional dishes in a great atmosphere. The crab cakes are the best in St Louis. Entrees are a little pricey but more than worth every penny. Our "special occasion" go to restaurant.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were a party of 3 male adults, turned up out of the blue, one of us had a boxing hoodie, the other had a one eyed patch which looked like something out off rocky and as for myself I had a Star Wars t-shirt. Well anyone who gives us a table must be a saint and that's exactly what the lovely staff did.
So the portions were huge and the quality was very good. Staff very knowledgeable of the food could of been less robotic and more interactive, that was the only criticism I have. Overall I would most definitely go again.....and again.......and again....
Any restaurant who can cook squid properly needs a good review. Be warned the squid starter is huge and to be shared if you are used to English portions.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

not sure if this place can ever be replaced. the food is the best. went with hubby and we really enjoyed our dinner. will go back this summer.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

prices are not cheap but not too expensive, place is not dirty but not spotless, food is OK but not great, service is average

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is one of the better of the "The Hill" Italian eatieries in St Louis. This place along with Favazzo's are a notch above trhe rest in my opinion when you consider the ambience, service and taste/quality of the food. My recent visit I had the Sicilian Steak and it was very good. Cooked just right and service was great My Girlfriend had the Chicken Marsala which she said was equally tasty.
Very good choice if you happen to be in St Louis and hungry for authentic Italian.