“Old School”

Dining options: Lunch
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Old School”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Travel back in time to this old-fashioned counter grill. Delicious burger! No place to sit during lunch rush, but just as good eating it out of the bag in the car!

1 Thank Scott G

St Louis, Missouri
“Gotta go to Carl's!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

It is St. Louis favorite! Its like walking into a time warp! Good burgers and great root beer! Just don't be in a hurry if the seats are taken. There aren't many! But once you sit, be prepared to order quickly!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank jssc4
Earth
“Good Novelty Burgers”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Carl’s is a small burger joint that has its grill between two counters with seating for about eight on each side. It’s clean and the service here is quick with your food cooked in front of you while you wait. The women who work the grill/take orders are polite but will never win any personality contests.
I’ve eaten here several times and my most recent experience was typical. The burgers are very thin and cooked almost crispy but have good flavor (unfortunately my recent burger had a hair under the cheese, that’s never happened before) and the fries are great. I would avoid the onion rings as they are basically batter. Prices are a bit high but not unreasonable and they only take cash. They have an ATM on site in case you need to make a withdrawal. Overall I would say this is more of a novelty dining experience instead of someplace to enjoy a serious burger.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank thx1776
“The best flavored burger......”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

When I saw the thin patty in my cheese burger I thought my stop at Carl' had been a mistake......then I took my first bite and was hooked!!!! If you are looking for a huge, thick burger, this is not the place. If you are looking for flavor, atmosphere and a root beer in a frozen mug THIS IS THE PLACE!!!! My son recently moved to St.Louis and I plan to lunch at Carl's every time I visit. Carl's burger is to a hamburger what a Krystal is to a hamburger...........it's own unique definition of a burger. Don't miss it!!!

Visited April 2013
De Soto, Missouri
“Childhood favorite”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

They had the best hot dogs and barrels of root beer. My dad would take me there on occasion. It was a local dive but it was really good!

1 Thank bmartin3