“Good food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

though the service is not good, the food makes up for it. I had theswet and sour pork,and refused to share. After the meal, it would be a crime to NOT have apiece of the German chocolate cake, that is made I house.

• Visited February 2012

Newark, New Jersey
“Great German Cuisine in a classic setting”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This restaurant was originally built by the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, and after having been idle for some years, has been restored and reopened by new owners. The atmosphere is very charming, and the food is very delicious, with many German specialties from which to choose. I particularly enjoyed the Toasted Ravioli, which is a St. Louis favorite, and the excellent Wiener Schnitzel. There were many German wines available by the glass, as well.

• Visited June 2011
Sneedville, Tennessee
“Great German atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This is the 2nd German restaurant I've eaten at, and it won't be the last. Gayle seated my sister and I in the bar area (upon our request), and served us with smiles and true hospitality. The food was fantastic, but just a tad bit pricey, compared to the 1st one I ate at in Johnson City, Tn., that is. Maybe because it is in St. Louis? The decor is awesome!

I had my 1st Canneloni; my sister had the Huhn (?) Schnitzel (chicken), greenbeans, German potato salad, and black beans. We loved it! Of course, we had to have German beer. We tried the lightest they had and it was great! We got a Rueben sandwich "to go", and Arby's would be very humiliated! We wished we had gotten 2!

The dining room looked somewhat "fancy", but there isn't a dress code. We were casual and wanted a beer, so we decided to "pub" it.

If you want a fun atmosphere and great food & beer, this place is a must!

• Visited March 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The food was fantastic. The piped in Muzak was a bit much, as was the almost non-verbal waiter/bartender. Very local...”
Reviewed August 13, 2008

The food was fantastic. The piped in Muzak was a bit much, as was the almost non-verbal waiter/bartender. Very local joint. Highly recommend their food, though.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook