“Always Delicious”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
“Always Delicious”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We have been going to House of India for years and have never had a bad experience. Whenever we are looking for a cozy and casual dinner House of India hits the spot. The staff is always friendly and the service is great. And, if you work in the area, the lunch buffet is a great economic lunch. Just delicious!

• Visited April 2012

“Thank God! No Buffet!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I am no Indian food expert, but whenever I'm in a new city, I seek out Indian food. So far, my favorite is The Indian Oven in Omaha, NE, but House of India is a close second. The problem with many Indian restaurants is that they appear to be family businesses done on the cheap. House of India is a much more pleasant dining experience than the more common strip shopping location.

I ordered lamb biryani, raita, onion kulcha, and a tomato/cucumber/onion salad.

First, the portions were huge. When the tomato/cucumber salad arrived, I knew I was going to have to have a to-go box. The salad was bright, crisp, and fresh. The lamb biryani was large enough to feed two people and full of tender cubes of lamb. The onion kulcha was steaming and fragrant. I explained to my waiter that I would want plenty of raita with the lamb and he was happy to bring me more.

I arrived around 5:30 and the dining room was sparsely populated. But by the time I left, there was a healthy crowd.

I ordered everything I wanted and left with a bill of under $20.00 (no alcohol). I really thought it was a bargain!

• Visited March 2012
Texas
“Awesome Authentic Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Today, I had a lunch buffet there. Good location, shop was kept clean and delightful servers.
Best of all, the food is fresh, VERY tasty and authentic! Varieties of choices for vegetarians. Salads are awesome. Can't wait to go back there tomorrow for another lunch buffet! Yummy......

• Visited February 2012
“Best Indian Food”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Best Indian food in St. Louis. Great service and authentic Indian fare.

St. Louis, MO
“Better than ever!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I have eaten at the lunchtime buffet at this Indian restaurant for 5 years. I have to say, today's food was tastier than ever.

Get there by 11:40 on weekdays if you don't want to wait. The dishes are fantastic, the service excellent, and the price outstanding (under $8 for the buffet).

I understand they do not offer the buffet for dinner, and I have heard mixed reviews from an Indian friend. I can't say either way; it's close enough to work (but not home) that I'm drawn there every couple months for lunch.

• Visited November 2011