“Avoid Disappointment and Save Money-Horrible Food and Horrible Service”

Las Palmas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1,294 of 2,995 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 30, 2009

The food tasted like it was from a Microwave!!! There idea of a burrito is greasy hamburger rolled in tortilla..yuck. The service was one of the worst. I think our waitress was the owner's daughter, She didn't even refill our drinks once and had to ask for refills, which took forever. She spent the whole time chatting with the wait staff. and watching television. Plus, her attitude was horrible. We were so disappointed that we felt like we had threw our money down the drain!!!

Reviewed July 6, 2009

I have been going to this place since it opened, and for many years I have tried other Mexican restaurants. Each time I am dissappointed & return to Las Palmas. I stopped trying other Mexican spots about 3 years ago.. They have amazing margaritas (get the Las Palmas margarita, a step up from the house) and a huge selection of tequilas. The food is authentic & fresh. I have told all my friends and family about this place and they too have become loyal customers.

1  Thank illuminate01
Reviewed September 15, 2008

What a great value for great food! If you're accustomed to Casa or Chevy's for Mexican food, Las Palmas's offerings may surprise you. The food is fresh and interesting. The portions are generous -- not just the side dishes, but the entrees themselves. A great neighborhood restaurant with wonderful, unassuming atmosphere. Families are welcome. Staff is friendly. The margaritas are superb!

Reviewed February 8, 2008

Went here to celebrate my birthday. What a disappointment!! I was looking for some good Mexican food but this was not the place to come! The service was bad, the chair I was sitting in kept pinching the back of my leg, and the food was horrible. My biggest complaint is that in every restaurant that I've ever been in that serves fajitas, when they bring out those smoky, sizzling plates the place is quickly filled with the most appetizing smell, a smell that makes you want to call your server back to the table and change your order......well not here! In fact it was the exact opposite, the people next to us and behind us both ordered fajitas so we got to expereince the blinding, choking, burnt smelling smoke coming off of those things twice. When the air finally cleared after each delivery my boyfriend and I both had to clean the greasy specks from that gross smoke cloud off of our glasses. And believe me, after the second time we couldn't get out of there fast enough. Ahh all I can say is that if you're looking for a nice environment and good food please don't waste your time going here.

Reviewed November 6, 2007

Las Palmas is my favorite Mexican restaurant in St. Louis, and I feel like I have tried them all. The staff at Las Palmas is extremely helpful. They are willing to go over the menu and help you create your meal from start to finish. They are able to recommend off-menu options for people who would like to try something more authentic or a little different. I like to order my tacos "Mexican" (as my waiter described) with cilantro and onion instead of the cheese and tomato that usually top a taco. You can also get tacos on corn tortillas, instead of the typical flour tortillas.

Another plus is the presence of a torta (mexican sandwich) on the menu. This is my husband's favorite thing to find but its difficult to find in St. Louis. Luckily Las Palmas has come to the rescue!