“family lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Looking for a nice place with good food and a pleasant atmosphere to talk in. Food was good and the service was very good.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Spending the night before a too early flight the next morning, we Yelped for a decent restaurant near our hotel (near the airport). Las Palmas was top of the list, a local mexican restaurant with strip mall ambiance, but nicely done, clean & comfortable. The fish tacos were tasty, it's one of the only mexican restaurants I've been to that have decent red wine (i.e. not vinegar) and the bill was reasonable. We'll go back next time we have a too early flight out of St Louis & have to be here the night before.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We searched for restaurants near the St Louis Lambert Airport and several TripAdvisor reviewers mentioned good Mexican food at Las Palmas. They are right. Las Palmas seems to be in an Hispanic area in St John's. It is an unassuming strip of shops but inside, carved chairs, tiled decor, and good service suggest diners could easily be in Mexico. The menu is not Tex-Mex and offers good variety for many tastes. My husband tried the Poblana-Corn soup, and we shared an order of Pollo Enchiladas Verdes with cilantro rice and beans. Excellent flavors and ample portions left us satisfied. We also enjoyed Mexican beers, on special during our visit.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was in the mood for mexican after walking around all day in Forest Park and this location was close to the hotel which made it even better since I was the driver. We went and got seated right away, got drinks chips and salsa. I order Cheese Enchi which came with some green rice and corn, beans, pico and sour cream and it was some of the best Mexican Ive had. I loved the restuarant also the chairs, tables walls is all done in mexican flavor and I just adored it. The waiter took good care of me and made sure my drink stayed filled. Have to let everyone who is coming here know about this charming little place with really good mexican

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I ate here actually on an overnight stay to fly to Mexico the next morning. I first ordered a watermelon margarita and it was excellent. It had quite a bit of tequila but I was on vacation so I was enjoying it. The food there is the closest thing to real mexican street food that I have had. I had the plate of three tacos that were exactly like mexican street tacos. I was glad that I ate them because we got sick in mexico and did not get to eat our street tacos as usual. The service was excellent also as the employees were very friendly. We just came upon this place because it was close to the Holiday Inn by the airport and I will definitely go back when I stay over there again.

1  Thank marcia c