“Table By The Fireplace”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central West End
Description: The "T-Room" has retained the look and feel of those oh so elegant restaurants of a bygone era - plush and comfortable without being "clubby". The dining rooms (two down and one up a short flight of stairs) say: "...Come and stay a while...". And why not? With food this good it's not hard to stay and eat your heart out." Become a Fan of the Tenderloin Room and get updates on entertainment and specials! Our classic Pepperloin a la Tenderloin is seared to mouthwatering perfection with our famous sauce. For the adventurous diner with a large appetite we proudly present our Cowboy Ribeye, sure to satisfy like no other. Remember, steak remains the specialty, but entrees such as rack of lamb, stuffed filet, and veal chops offer spectacular alternatives to the signature beef.
Reviewed March 3, 2019

This restaurant is inside the Chase-Park Plaza Hotel. When we arrived at the hotel we used the valet service. Which by the way you can get it validated by the restaurant. The line to use the valet service was not extremely long but we did have to sit on Kingshighway for a short amount of time. It was a Saturday night at 5 so its a busy time. There is also a parking garage behind the hotel. My fiends parked there and they said it was a very far walk and the garage was in poor shape.

We had reservations at 5 pm and were promptly seated at a round table for six by a cozy fire place. The inside of the steak house is beautiful. Lots of dark wood, huge chandlers, actual table clothes, napkins and comfy chairs. The atmosphere was very romantic and intimate. The lights are dim and the fireplace was working. I sat by the fire because I am always cold but some of our group said the fire was to warm. I loved sitting by the fire.

The menu is very limited but enough for everyone to find something to their liking. The waiter came around to our table with a large cart of appetizers. Most everyone at my table got the shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were some of the largest shrimp I had ever seen. There were a couple other items to choose from also.. Then we ordered dinner and I choose a filet minion. It came with a twice baked potato and asparagus. Unfortunately I have a dairy allergy and .the only vegetables they had were the potato and asparagus so I got double asparagus. Which was very good by the way. My steak was cooked to perfection and my glass of wine was wonderful. There was also a signature steak sauce and I thought it was delicious. They come around and served the steak sauce to you so if you are not sure about the flavor just have them put it on the side or on a separate dish. The service and staff here was impressive.

The dinner was pretty formal as far as the staff and pricing. We were all in dresses and the men wore dress slacks and dress shirts. I would not wear jeans, its just a bit more formal than that. We really enjoyed our dinner here and wish we had more time to enjoy it. We had tickets for a show at the Fox and felt a little pressed for time. We got out an hour and 30 minuets after our reservation but we all ate our dinner pretty quick and asked for the bill before we were done eating. I wish we would have had more time to really enjoy the ambiance and relax eating our dinner. I would highly suggest to plan on being there at least 2 hours. We didn't even get to hear about the dessert options.

After dinner it did not take very long (less than 5 minuets) to get our car from the valet. I would suggest The Tenderloin Room as a place for romantic dinners or special celebrations. We will be back again.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 12, 2019

I treated a friend to a fabulous steak dinner at the Tenderloin Room in the Chase-Park Plaza Hotel a couple of months ago, to celebrate having moved back to St. Louis, and it was every bit as good as I remembered. The food was delicious and perfectly prepared, the service was excellent, and the setting was wonderful. So glad that I now live only two blocks away - I'll be going back regularly!

Reviewed November 30, 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner while in town based on advertisement of stand out steaks. Great martini, salad, and service very expensive Tbone fatty and fibrous.

Reviewed November 14, 2018

Steakhouse atmosphere but more intimate experience. Very friendly waitstaff, great seafood starters, fish was good but a bit overcooked.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I both had the tenderloin that came with twice baked potatoes and asparagus. It was one of the best steaks I have had. The sauce for the steak was unbelievable. I would buy a jar of it if they sold it. The staff is attentive but not overpowering. Nice quiet atmosphere.

Date of visit: September 2018