“Our Favorite Place”

The Tenderloin Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tenderloin Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 2,941 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central West End
Description: The "T-Room" has retained the look and feel of those oh so elegant restaurants of a bygone era - plush and comfortable without being "clubby". The dining rooms (two down and one up a short flight of stairs) say: "...Come and stay a while...". And why not? With food this good it's not hard to stay and eat your heart out." Become a Fan of the Tenderloin Room and get updates on entertainment and specials! Our classic Pepperloin a la Tenderloin is seared to mouthwatering perfection with our famous sauce. For the adventurous diner with a large appetite we proudly present our Cowboy Ribeye, sure to satisfy like no other. Remember, steak remains the specialty, but entrees such as rack of lamb, stuffed filet, and veal chops offer spectacular alternatives to the signature beef.
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Chase 2 years ago and my wife and myself thought we try The Tenderloin Room. Well we were very impressed with everything. The food was amazing and the service was what you would expect at a 5 star.

Well we are back to St Louis and the first place we went was back to The Tenderloin Room. Glad to report it is still a must stop when you want a great meal

There are newer reviews for The Tenderloin Room

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wow. Its so nice to see a restaurant that knows how to do things right in this day and age. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with them and they did not dissapoint us. The service was over the top and the food was mouth watering in almost every bite. The meat was done to perfection, side were hot and had great falvor. Only complaint is I would have liked hot bread brought to the table, instead it was luke warm at best.

Staff was very attentive and took care of all our needs before we spoke and did so with a smile and great joy. Manager came over and asked about our evening. We will be back for special occasions

1  Thank Chefken69
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We purchased a Groupon for this restaurant along with one for the Chase Park Plaza Hotel (it is in the Chase Park Plaza). It was well worth the money. We ate early because we were going to the cardinal's game and were the only patrons in the entire place but the atmosphere was lovely. Our waiter was attentive but not pushy and the food was excellent. My husband had the Pepperloin. He said it was not the best he has ever had but he is a real snob when it comes to steak. When he said it was very good, that means it would be great to other people. I had shrimp cocktail, a greek salad, and their bean soup. All of my items were excellent. I would rate them a 4.5 out of 5. If you are staying in the Chase it is definitely a must!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place has a sandwich on the lunch menu that belongs in the sandwich hall of fame. It has a filet served on a roll that is worth the trip to St. Louis all by itself. I cannot remember what they called it but trust me it won't be hard to order.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

overall the meals were good. steak was tender and cooked to proper temperature. the service was lacking. server was friendly but seemed very nervous. when your spending almost $50.00 a steak I would like to be waited on properly. the feeling I got was the waiter may not have ever really eaten in a fine dining establishment. I would prefer to have my cocktail served off a tray not carried from the bar to my table while leaving a trail of martini spillage across the dining room. we wanted wine for dinner and he never came back for the oder well actually he did after we were 1/2 way through our meal. not the most expensive steak dinner ever but we really had no add ons... 2 steaks, 2 cocktails $115.00 we could have easily spend $200.00 with a qualified waiter