“Good Food and a Great Atmosphere”

The Tenderloin Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tenderloin Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 2,971 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central West End
Description: The "T-Room" has retained the look and feel of those oh so elegant restaurants of a bygone era - plush and comfortable without being "clubby". The dining rooms (two down and one up a short flight of stairs) say: "...Come and stay a while...". And why not? With food this good it's not hard to stay and eat your heart out." Become a Fan of the Tenderloin Room and get updates on entertainment and specials! Our classic Pepperloin a la Tenderloin is seared to mouthwatering perfection with our famous sauce. For the adventurous diner with a large appetite we proudly present our Cowboy Ribeye, sure to satisfy like no other. Remember, steak remains the specialty, but entrees such as rack of lamb, stuffed filet, and veal chops offer spectacular alternatives to the signature beef.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We purchased a Groupon for this restaurant along with one for the Chase Park Plaza Hotel (it is in the Chase Park Plaza). It was well worth the money. We ate early because we were going to the cardinal's game and were the only patrons in the entire place but the atmosphere was lovely. Our waiter was attentive but not pushy and the food was excellent. My husband had the Pepperloin. He said it was not the best he has ever had but he is a real snob when it comes to steak. When he said it was very good, that means it would be great to other people. I had shrimp cocktail, a greek salad, and their bean soup. All of my items were excellent. I would rate them a 4.5 out of 5. If you are staying in the Chase it is definitely a must!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place has a sandwich on the lunch menu that belongs in the sandwich hall of fame. It has a filet served on a roll that is worth the trip to St. Louis all by itself. I cannot remember what they called it but trust me it won't be hard to order.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

overall the meals were good. steak was tender and cooked to proper temperature. the service was lacking. server was friendly but seemed very nervous. when your spending almost $50.00 a steak I would like to be waited on properly. the feeling I got was the waiter may not have ever really eaten in a fine dining establishment. I would prefer to have my cocktail served off a tray not carried from the bar to my table while leaving a trail of martini spillage across the dining room. we wanted wine for dinner and he never came back for the oder well actually he did after we were 1/2 way through our meal. not the most expensive steak dinner ever but we really had no add ons... 2 steaks, 2 cocktails $115.00 we could have easily spend $200.00 with a qualified waiter

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Spent a lovely Tuesday evening at the Tenderloin Room. It was my first trip to the well know eatery. I was lured out by the promise of live entertainment by Erin Bode. She is one of my favorite St. Louis artists.

The dinner for two was started with a glass of Korbel sparking wine and a shrimp cocktail. The appetizer choices were delivered table side on a cart. The shrimp looked so fabulous we could not resist.

Followed next by a nice size Cesar salad. Love when the lettuce is green and not a bunch of flavorless white pieces of left overs like other places. It had a nice flavor with a correct amount of dressing.

On to the main course, we picked the tenderloin and were not disappointed. It came with mashed potatoes and broccoli. The broccoli had a good flavor and potatoes were nicely mashed. Two slices of beef were the main focus on the plate. The server came over to offer a sauce and we asked for some on the side. Unfamiliar with the sauce, we were hesitant. We loved it so much we asked for more sauce as we got to the second slice of beef.

We asked for a recommendation for a bottle of wine and they picked a lovely Zin. The spice in it paired well with the hearty dinner.

As we relaxed to the music of Erin Bode, we lingered long enough to be tempted by the dessert. I am a huge creme brulee fan and they did not disappoint. It was a large enough portion to share. We also had a slice of carrot cake which was flavorful. We washed it down with coffee to finish the evening.

It was such a lovely evening that had the music not ended, we would have stayed out way too late.

Another nice perk was the free valet parking. I highly suggest you put this on your list of places to try.

1  Thank StLouTraveller
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

You must go and experience the Tenderloin Room! The atmosphere and service are tip notch. Oh and the food is mouthwatering... A bit pricey but a favorite of mine!