“Gorgeous place, good food, pricey”

The Tenderloin Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tenderloin Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 2,992 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central West End
Description: The "T-Room" has retained the look and feel of those oh so elegant restaurants of a bygone era - plush and comfortable without being "clubby". The dining rooms (two down and one up a short flight of stairs) say: "...Come and stay a while...". And why not? With food this good it's not hard to stay and eat your heart out." Become a Fan of the Tenderloin Room and get updates on entertainment and specials! Our classic Pepperloin a la Tenderloin is seared to mouthwatering perfection with our famous sauce. For the adventurous diner with a large appetite we proudly present our Cowboy Ribeye, sure to satisfy like no other. Remember, steak remains the specialty, but entrees such as rack of lamb, stuffed filet, and veal chops offer spectacular alternatives to the signature beef.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Gorgeous place, formal waitstaff is polished, attentive & prompt, but not stuffy. Steaks were properly done, good, but not outstanding, and for prices like these, they should be very good. I had the Pepperloin, hubby had the NY Strip, and both were good, but when something says "Pepperloin" I expect it to be at least somewhat crusted with peppercorns, and it wasn't.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We enjoyed a delicious meal in a beautiful room with excellent service. Quality and class never go out of style and the Tenderloin Room provides everything we are looking for in fine dining.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The fireplace gives a romantic feeling to the traditional decor, the tables are impeccably set, providing the setting for a lovely meal. We were having a late lunch and there was only two other couples dining while we were there. We began with salads that were quite large. I had the greek salad, it was delicious. The greens were fresh with tasty herbs a creamy feta dressing, though I would have liked to have more than 2 kalamata olives. My husband's caesar salad was also delicious. The butter on the table was whipped and a perfect temperature to spread on the crusty, slightly heavy bread that was quite enjoyable. I ordered the tenderloin special. I was apprehensive about the sauce that was poured over the top of the meat but, it was very good and needed. The tenderloin lacked some flavor on its own. My tenderloin was perfectly cooked and very tender. My husband ordered the filet and it was more flavorful than my tenderloin. It too was perfectly cooked and very tender. Both meals were served with broccoli and "twice baked potato", which was more like mashed potatoes with cheese. The sides were fine, nothing exceptional. I don't know if it was because there were so few diners or what but, the waiter kept coming over and engaging us in conversation. It was slightly odd. In conclusion I would say that if you are looking for cutting edge cuisine this is not a place for you. If you are wanting a traditional, fine dining experience then you will enjoy the Tenderloin Room.

1  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We go on Christmas Eve every year. Also go a few times a year. Always superb! For a snack have the tenderliin tips at the bar.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went to the Tenderloin Room and we split a salad which was plenty. My husband and I both ordered the 8 oz Tenderloin. I was very good but it couldn't of been over 4 oz. It was served with a large serving of mashed potatoes and broccoli. I do not eat potatoes so the very small tenderloin was not adequate. My husband's tenderloin was twice the size of mine. The food was very good what there was of it.