“Best Italian Food not on the Hill”

Frank Papa's Ristorante
Ranked #279 of 2,940 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We enjoyed another great dinner with friends at Frank Papa's Restorante. We think Papa's serves the best Italian food off "The Hill" in St. Louis. We also think Papa's gives a great value for the dining experience. We highly recommend Frank Papa's Ristorante!

There are newer reviews for Frank Papa's Ristorante

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Four of went to dinner at Frank Papa's. My wife and I have been eating here from almost the first day they opened but it has been some time since we were last here. I am happy that virtually nothing has changed - some warm and inviting rooms; same great food; same greeting by Frank when we entered.

Our food was excellent. Each of us had something different: Steak Mudiga; Veal Marsala; a pasta dish; Shrimp Philo. Each dish was great. Soup and house salad were also very nice.

The only complaint is that the service was a bit slow. We waited about 10 minutes for our drink order to be taken, then another 10 minutes before they arrived. After that it was better but still not the level of service that we expect at Frank Papa's. Perhaps they were a bit understaffed as my wife, who could see the entire room, said it seemed there were only two servers.

Despite that we were pleased with our evening and certainly will not wait as long to return.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My company recently held their holiday dinner here and all I can say is that we will not have to go shopping around for next year's dinner!

Our appetizers consisted of stuffed mushrooms, calimari and what would a party be in St. Louis without toasted ravioli?

For the main course, we had a choice of a steak, chicken breast or tuna. I had the tuna but my colleagues who had the other entrees were just as pleased with theirs as I was with mine.

And the food doesn't get to your table by magic. The wait staff was courteous and professional and made the overall dining experience an absolute pleasure.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We went with friends to Frank Papa's on a Monday night at eight o'clock.
We weren't greeted very warmly, maybe because of the late hour.
Our waiter was knowledgeable and friendly, and help make recommendations.
I had the house salad with the grilled Tilapia, both went well with the warm bread and butter.
The rest of the folks were satified with the tast and quality, so I will give it a very good rating, but not an excellent. Next time I will order an Italian entree, and judge again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in after the ballgame dressed casual. It is a nice older place. The host and waiters seem like friends very quickly. I ordered Tomato bisque that was excellent. My wife had a split pea soup that she enjoyed. She ordered tilapia for the entree and I had a tuna steak. The bread was a little plain but fresh. Service was great and we will return