“Love it!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Bar, Asian, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Know for 12 varieties of dumplings, 5 kinds of Rangoons, and authentic Szechuan dishes.
Carbondale, Illinois
“Love it!”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

The location is a little weird...it shares space with a bar...but the food is excellent. They deliver and are prompt, you can go in and get HUGE portions...huge portions all around.

Visited November 2011

Michigan
“The ONLY Chinese delivery in STL in my phone”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I travel a lot and am in hotels a lot. Trying to find that right balance of speed, efficiency, taste, cost, etc. in a Chinese delivery is often tough. Everyone has an opinion, and like books and movies, my opinion doesn't seem to always match what others think.

I have only ordered delivery from Hunan Manor (never dined inside the place, if they indeed have a sit down option), and have ordered from here approximately 30 times each year.
- Woman who answers the phone will usually be "Li". She's got that perfect combination of sassy mother/grandmother, with the friendliness of a good hostess and is clearly hardworking.
- I order from what I want, not from the menu. Not sure I have ever looked at the menu. In my opinion, when you can can order what YOU want, instead of what is on the menu, then you've got a good restaurant.
- Sometimes when I order, I say, I'd like a chicken dish, spicy. Li takes over and guides me through what I should have. And sometimes when I'm a bit too ambiguous, she gets more direct -- "You tell me what you want and I make it. Now what do you want." And she's got a smile when she says that, I know it.
- Delivery guy is always prompt, courteous and despite downtwon baseball games, occasional tornadoes and storms, he's there. Always smiling. Always patient when I am late.
- Dumplings are great, egg rolls are great, all the chicken dishes are great. No complaints, ever.
- No matter how much I order, seems to be about $15. Very reasonable for the quantity, and that it is delivered.

This place is simply listed in my long list of phone numbers in my phone as "STL Chinese". It's that perfect. If you want Chinese delivery in STL, order from here.

• Visited July 2011