“Good food at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gingham's Homestyle Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gingham's Homestyle Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

I only have one issue with this eatery. The air sometimes need to be refresched.Many old people frequent this place.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Good Homecooked-like Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

The food is kind of like a good home-cooked like meal. Service can be a bit slow, though.

Saint Louis, MO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love My Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

This is a local, family oriented place. Varied menu, but I really like their breakfasts....pancakes are always freshly made and they get my eggs right every time! The service has always been very prompt and friendly, soda and iced tea refills never ending. They do a good house salad and their vegetable beef soup is consistently good. Their homemade yeast rolls with honey butter are served warm and fresh...they can be addictive. They have dinner specials every day, along with a soup d'jour. I have had their club sandwich, chile mac, meatloaf, fried chicken, and corned beef w/cabbage (in honor of St. Pat's day). This is a local place where you will see families with children, early morning prom dates, the morning men's club, and college students working on their laptops.

I go there when I want a good basic breakfast, comfort food, or just want to sit and read and have a glass of iced tea. I don't , however, go there for the dessert.

Springville, Alabama
“Mediocre Food/Horrible Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2007

This restaurant looked pretty inviting outside and sounded like it might be worth a visit. The menu looked pretty full of many choice meals. We got the Open Faced Roast Beef meal and Country Fried Steak. The Open Face was decent but nothing to write home about. The Country Fried Steak was as good as any other place I've had it. Along with the steak I ordered Broccoli as my vegetable and it was as bland as could be. It was steamed or basically heated up and had no seasoning whatsoever. The menu said the meal came with rolls and a butter they were known for. Personally the rolls lacked any flavor and the butter was not good at all. On top of this our server was horrible. She quickly appeared to take our order and brought us our drinks. We never saw her again until she brought the meal out. We had to ask for eating utensils and the rolls (that were suppose to come with the meal). After this we never saw her again until she brought the check. We never got our drinks refilled even though we asked two different waitresses since our own server was never to be found. She had the personality of a stick and you can bet when we come back to St. Louis we WILL NOT eat at Gingham's again.

1 Thank Craig B