“Great Food, Great Location, but.....”
Review of Max & Erma's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Danville, Illinois
“Great Food, Great Location, but.....”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Max and Ermas at Drury Plaza hotel is definately worth going to. The food was great the service was good. It was a slow evening and only a few people in the restaurant so two waitress' were sitting at a booth wrapping napkins around silverware. They had cell phones out texting then would get up wait on other people. They acted like they hated being there and were unfriendly, that gave off bad vibes. Also the dishwasher or cook kept coming out wandering around leaning on tables and just looked bored. If they could bring the atmosphere up it would be a real nice place.

2 Thank winks1996

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've only eaten here during a St. Pat's weekend. I think I remember it being like an Applebee's or something. Just...”
Reviewed May 15, 2008

I've only eaten here during a St. Pat's weekend. I think I remember it being like an Applebee's or something. Just enough food & grease to get you through.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Saint Louis, MO
“Great place!”
Reviewed October 31, 2007

My dining experience at Max & Erma's was fantastic! The food was hot and delicious and the staff was out going and friendly. Wonderful burgers along with many other choices on the menu for any taste. I will definitely be back!

Kansas City, Missouri
“Good”
Reviewed June 1, 2006

Our first time at a Max & Erma. The service was slow - our waitress seemed tired. It was after 9pm and there were few other customers. The atmosphere was nice, and the music playing was great (a lot of '80s hits). Our food was very good.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Food is ok. And that's about it.”
Reviewed June 29, 2005

Ok. I know it's Max and Erma's and you can only expect so much from a casual dining restaurant like this, however we were amazed and astounded by how long our food took after we were seated- an hour and a half! We arrived for lunch around 1:00pm. The restaurant was just beginning to clear out so there's no reason they should have taken so long to turn our table around. We spoke to the hostess who was incredibly rude. So was the manager. No QC like there used to be (I'm a local and it used to be a good place for a burger). I hope they fix their service and management in this location because I've always liked M&E's before. What a bummer.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member