“Best Thai around”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tower Grove
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I went to SLU and used to eat here all the time. We've since moved to Chicago, but make a point of always going back to The King & I when we are in St. Louis because we've never found Thai that is as good.

There are newer reviews for The King & I

Reviewed June 1, 2013

If you really like spicy food that a place to go. Good food good service. Every time I go to stl I make sure I stop there.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have ate there many times. I love it. From when the first opened at a smaller location to the time they moved to the present location. It is a fun place to go with family and/or friends. The food is good and the drinks are great. I once lived just around the corner and went often now I am 1/2 hour away and dont get that way often but will return. Soon

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Neither especially good, nor especially bad. The menu has all the standards, and the food tastes like most other Thai places. The interior is clean and bright, but the carpentry is quickly done, the decor middlebrow, and the space is a just little drafty. All in all, it's a safe choice that adds little to nothing to the occasion besides edible food and average service.

I went with a group for lunch in Spring 2013 and everything was priced from about $6.50, with choices of chicken, beef, or shrimp, with a couple choices of veggie/tofu dishes. Personally, I don't plan to go back, but also wouldn't care if I had to return with someone else.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love the King & I, it's one of my favorite places when I want something spicy. Be careful when you order, when they say "hot" they mean it!