“Sinful...”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Carmine's Steak House, located in the heart of downtown St. Louis in the newly renovated Drury Plaza Hotel, promises and delivers the finest in aged steaks, hand-cut chops, rack of lamb, chicken and seafood entrees, as well as Lombardo's signature toasted ravioli. House made desserts, from our in house pastry chef. Extensive wine list. With private rooms that can accommodate 10-170 people and nightly complimentary valet parking, Carmine's offers convenience for tourists, business meetings, and local diners alike.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had wonderful service and an excellent meal. I order two pieces of ravoli. They were so huge TWO was plenty. (Although as I am writng this I wish I had a zillion in front of me to indulge in.) Absolutely delicious and the best I have ever had!!!! I also had the Filet Gorgonzola. As stated on the menu, it is an "8-ounce Charbroiled Tenderloin in a Gorgonzola White Wine Sauce with Green Peppercorns and Shallots." The BEST!!! Rich, luxurious, delicious!!! Oh my,,, I can't wait to have it again!!!!!

Michael L, General Manager at Carmine's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. We work very hard to provide good service and food. Our reward for our hardwork is reading comments like yours, it makes us very proud. Thank you so much and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything. Hopefully we will see you again soon.
General Manager.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our party of eight all ordered steaks and all were delicious. Service is excellent and prices reasonable for an urban location. This is simply a first rate steak house and I recommend it without hesitation, top to bottom.

Michael L, General Manager at Carmine's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for spending the time to give us a little feedback. I am so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed their dinner last night. We appreciate the kind words, thank you so much.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We try to visit Carmine's whenever we are in St. Louis. The staff is excellent, management is very professional, and the food is delicious. In addition, the portions are generous!

Michael L, General Manager at Carmine's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for spending the time to give us a review and some feedback. It gives me much pleasure to hear of your outstanding experience with us. I want to thank you for being a loyal customer and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner on Friday night and it was AWESOME! My server was very attentive and I couldn't have asked for better service.

I was pretty famished after traveling all day and had the hardest time trying to decide what to eat, so I ordered way more than I should have.

A few helpful hints:
- The portions that I had for my apps and side item were HUGE! My table looked like a linebacker was eating there. The baked potato I had as the side with my steak (which was perfectly cooked by the way) was as big as my plate.

- The starters/apps that I ordered (potato boats and toasted ravioli) are very large portions as well, but can be ordered on an ala carte basis (instead of a full order). Because I had a hard time deciding what I wanted, I was able to get 2 of each, and that ended up being a great portion size for me (with leftovers).

Moral of the story: come hungry and plan your stomach space accordingly!

If I'm ever in St Louis again, I'll be back!

Michael L, General Manager at Carmine's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for spending the time to give us a little feedback. I am so pleased to hear of all your kind words about your dining experience. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I took a group of 6 here for dinner.
Food was very good. Steaks were cooked to order.
Service was very good but wasn't busy on a Monday night