“Not impressed”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Carmine's Steak House, located in the heart of downtown St. Louis in the newly renovated Drury Plaza Hotel, promises and delivers the finest in aged steaks, hand-cut chops, rack of lamb, chicken and seafood entrees, as well as Lombardo's signature toasted ravioli. House made desserts, from our in house pastry chef. Extensive wine list. With private rooms that can accommodate 10-170 people and nightly complimentary valet parking, Carmine's offers convenience for tourists, business meetings, and local diners alike.
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Had the 16 ounce NY strip cooked medium and it tasted bland and came out undercooked. The sides were horrible and for the price, I would not return.

Michael L, General Manager at Carmine's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Sir,
I am very displeased to hear of your bad experience at Carmine's Steakhouse. I want to apologize for your sub par meal. If you could take the time to email me the details of your meal including which side dishes you ordered, i would really appreciate it. As much as it disturbs me to hear of this, I always try to nail down the issues and improve our restaurant. I want to thank you for taking your time to give me this feedback and again, I truly apologize for the bad experience.
James Logston
carminessteakhouse@att.net

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We chose Carmine's because it was very close to our hotel. The atmosphere was elegant and the food was delicious. Each diner chose something different and all dishes were very good.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We ran across this place after a Cardinals game and was pleasantly surprised! You have to get the toasted ravioli because it's home made and delicious! Our service was good, our food was quick and the atmosphere was great! A little pricey but would go back.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful experience in an elegant setting, with superb attentive service, and the best steak I've had in years. Definitely worth a visit if you're in downtown St Louis (in sight of the Arch)!

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Just walked back the easy block and a half to our hotel from this excellent restaurant. I had the 8 oz. filet special of the evening, a 2-inch thick cut with fine flavor that was enhanced by one of the best sauces I've had, a wine-and-mushroom reduction. Unlike many such sauces, this one was rich and subtle without being overly intense. I dipped the mushroom risotto side dish in the sauce, too.

The coffee was good and tiramisu quite good as well.

Our server, Shannon, was nearly perfect: helpful, friendly and courteous, with a fun sense of humor that was lively and engaging. A refreshing change from servers that are either robotically obsequious or overly intimate.

Michael L, General Manager at Carmine's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We are glad to hear that your experience with us was a great one. Hopefully we will see you again soon. Thank you again.