“Fine dining at its best”

Carmine's Steak House
Ranked #52 of 2,980 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Carmine's Steak House, located in the heart of downtown St. Louis in the newly renovated Drury Plaza Hotel, promises and delivers the finest in aged steaks, hand-cut chops, rack of lamb, chicken and seafood entrees, as well as Lombardo's signature toasted ravioli. House made desserts, from our in house pastry chef. Extensive wine list. With private rooms that can accommodate 10-170 people and nightly complimentary valet parking, Carmine's offers convenience for tourists, business meetings, and local diners alike.
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful experience in an elegant setting, with superb attentive service, and the best steak I've had in years. Definitely worth a visit if you're in downtown St Louis (in sight of the Arch)!

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Just walked back the easy block and a half to our hotel from this excellent restaurant. I had the 8 oz. filet special of the evening, a 2-inch thick cut with fine flavor that was enhanced by one of the best sauces I've had, a wine-and-mushroom reduction. Unlike many such sauces, this one was rich and subtle without being overly intense. I dipped the mushroom risotto side dish in the sauce, too.

The coffee was good and tiramisu quite good as well.

Our server, Shannon, was nearly perfect: helpful, friendly and courteous, with a fun sense of humor that was lively and engaging. A refreshing change from servers that are either robotically obsequious or overly intimate.

Michael L, General Manager at Carmine's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We are glad to hear that your experience with us was a great one. Hopefully we will see you again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Service was excellent, waiter was knowledgeable and efficient. Accommodated special requests. Steaks were perfectly cooked, Good flavor. We left stuffed. Not much of a view, small place but convenient to all downtown areas.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My cousin lives in St. Louis and I was headed back for a weekend to go watch some Cardinals games and visit with relatives. After doing the White Castle trip and eating my share of St. Louis style thin crust pizza (Nemos) it was time for the treat of the entire weekend trip. I've been to The Hill and other places in St. Louis each visit and this without question is at the top of the list. It's a few blocks away from the ball park so we took a walk over. You can tell the place has been around a while, not in a bad way but in a way that makes you realize this place must be good. We sat in the bar along with some other Cardinal fans that were doing the same thing. My cousin order six and my first thought was will that be enough but he said they are big. Well, I use to the standard square ones but thankfully I didn't order because there is no way I was expecting what came out. They were the size of mini-empanadas! Big and fluffy. The sauce came in a small bowl and you could hardly tell that it was red because it was covered in fresh graded cheese...wow! The breading is light, the pasta is like butter and the meat filling is lean and goes so well with the marinara sauce. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went there after spending 2 days cooped up in a conference hotel. The place was recommended by the concierge and she was right. Lots of food prepared just right with a flair and excellent wait staff.