“CREME brûlée !!!!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Carmine's Steak House, located in the heart of downtown St. Louis in the newly renovated Drury Plaza Hotel, promises and delivers the finest in aged steaks, hand-cut chops, rack of lamb, chicken and seafood entrees, as well as Lombardo's signature toasted ravioli. House made desserts, from our in house pastry chef. Extensive wine list. With private rooms that can accommodate 10-170 people and nightly complimentary valet parking, Carmine's offers convenience for tourists, business meetings, and local diners alike.
“CREME brûlée !!!!!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd time at Carmine's. I'm in St. Louis for my dads surgery. After a very stressful day I seriously could not wait to get to Carmine's for dinner. The ambience and the service are just superb. And the food is cooked to perfection. I had to get the family recipe toasted ravioli,my favorite!! Then the New York strip with basil au gratin potatoes. For dessert I had their grand marnier creme brûlée and I have to tell you it is the best I've ever had any where. I usually do not eat the custards as the are too thick. This was light, creamy, perfect temperature, presentation. I also usually eat only half of my dessert. Unashamedly ate the WHOLE thing!!!! Thank you for ending my night peacefully and deliciously!!!!!

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
“Dissappointing”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We selected this restaurant after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were sadly disappointed. There was little to no atmosphere. Our waitress was nice enough but we felt like we were in a NYC deli not an expensive steak house. The food was average. I had a filet, which was good and my husband had the lamb chops which he said had little flavor. The toasted ravioli were very good. But, if you are looking for atmosphere, please look elsewhere.

Visited March 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“Thumbs up for the steak, down for the seafood.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am a Pacific Northwest Girl at heart and I love seafood and salmon. Since I had steak the night before really wasn't in the mood for it again. So I broke my rule and ordered the shrimp and crab. Alas, the shrimp was overcooked and rubbery so it went back. I decided to go with my second choice and asked for the crabcakes. Which had they not been drowned in aioli sauce they would have been excellent. The vegetable was corn with red peppers - one bite was enough for me... way to much pepper and whatever else they cooked it in overwhelmed the corn to the point that had I been blindfolded I would have never guessed that it was corn. We were there for over two hours from the time we sat down to the time we walked out and waited almost an hour for our food. We arrived around 7:30pm so it wasn't the peak of their rush hour. It was almost 30 minute from the time we were sat down before our orders were taken.The wine recommendations from our waiter were excellent and those that got the steak said it was wonderful. All in all I'd recommend it for steak but pass on the seafood!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Laura B
Peach Orchard, MO
“The Lombardo's family never disappoints”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Outstanding steaks, perfectly prepared and presented, great service, beautiful decor, prompt and professional service. Visit twice and you're a regular. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food and service”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Hilton down the street recommended Carmines to a friend and I for dinner. My buddy and I have not seen each other in 10 years and wanted to get a good dinner and catch up. We went on a Monday night and it was very slow mostly business people. The service was excellent. The food (both of us ordered the bone in Ribeye) which was excellent as well. The nice thing about this steak house is you get to add one accompaniment without charge which is an extra bonus. The server was very attentive but not overly annoying, kept our water glasses full, got our drinks so fast I thought he was the butler from the movie Mr. Deeds. Great place and I would recommend it to anyone staying downtown St Louis.

• Visited February 2013