“Overwhelming”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #288 of 2,880 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kingsland Ave.
Description: At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where patrons can dip into something different - and discover all the ingredients for a unique dining experience including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.
Missouri
“Overwhelming”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place was a bit overwhelming. My wife and I shared a private booth with uncomfortable seats which is unfortunate because we spent a long time here. The first course was the standard cheese fondue and had so much food that by the time we were half way through with it, we were stuffed. We then had to order our main course and decide what sort of cooking style we wanted, which was very confusing and vague. Our waitress tried to help us, but in the end, we still had no idea what was going on. The main course was brought out to us raw and the waitress told us to cook the seafood for a minute and a half and the rest for two minutes. We followed these directions, however my wife still ended up getting sick from the under cooked lobster tail and spent three hours throwing up.

If you have a while for dinner and just really think you want to do this, I would suggest going ahead and trying it once. Just make sure that you cook your food longer than they suggest and don't eat at all the entire day before going.

• Visited April 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Romantic Dining Experience”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

With private booths and a dim ambience about it, the Melting Pot provides an intimate dining experience. Although quite expensive, the unique experience of cooking and flavoring the food is super fun and memorable.

Visited August 2012
Herrin, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous for a special ocassion”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was the first time my husband and I ate at a Melting Pot. We went for my birthday. This is something that is more my style than his. We both had a great time and very good food!

We had to wait 5-10 minutes to be seated (we had a reservation). Our server explained the menu to us since it was our first time. We chose the 4 course option. We had the traditional swiss fondue which was good but we would try a different variety in the future. Salads were good. I loved the entree. As soon as our mojo broth was brought out my mouth was watering it smelled so good. Initially the wrong entree was brought out for my husband but it was corrected very quickly. Our server was very attentive and checked on us often, but not too much and brought more veggies out for us.
Chocolate was the BEST part. It was my birthday so the cheesecake had a candle in it and we were brought complimentary glasses of champagne.

I already told my husband this is what I want to do for my birthday next year too. We live 2 hours from this location and will be back in the future for special ocassions.

• Visited March 2013
Buford, Georgia
“Melt in your mouth food”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Expect to spend about 3 hours dining here. It's a unique experience and a fun one. Not only do you choose your fondue pot ingredients (cheeses, broths, chocolate, oils,) but you also choose what you want to cook in them: different types of breads, meats, veggies, even fruits and such for dessert.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Waste of Money”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

What is the point of paying (A LOT!!!) to cook your own food, and if you know nothing of oils, dips, marinades, broths, etc., good luck figuring it all out. What a waste!