“Birthday Dinner”

Bar Italia Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Italia Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #197 of 2,926 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central West End
Cross street: Euclid
Transit: Close to the metro link Central west end station. Bus stop near by.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Had dinner here with my family for a birthday celebration for my daughter and wife. The staff was accomodating of my restricted diet. The server was a liquid libation specialist who had the head chef come out and ask about my restrictions. The food was prepared to my liking and was delicious, it was priced right, the ambience very open aired and trendy. The staff was very attentive. Everyone else with me ordered off the menu and felt their meal was delicious.

Only recommendation would be for their staff to have uniforms or a standard dress code, it was frustrating at times figuring out whether a person was a guest or staff, they were all dressed to impress.

I would definately dine here again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Haresh M

Rolla, Missouri
“unwelcoming staff, expensive average food”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I went here for dinner. The wait staff and the servers looked disinterested. We ordered a chicken entree and a pasta dish. The pasta dish was okay - eggplant stew served over pasta. It tasted fine and the portion size was appropriate for dinner. The chicken dish came with the smallest side dish of veggies I have ever seen and chicken portion in itself was the smallest. For the price they charge for each dish, the portion are really small. If you order one appetizer and two entrees, with two drinks, you will paying $70 or more depending upon what type of drains your order.

There are plenty of good places at CWE at reasonable prices with much better atmosphere. Certainly not visiting again unless I have a 50% off deal.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank AmyKaur
St. Louis, MO
“Tradition of Excellence”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We've been to Bar Italia many times over the years. We've always left full and happy. Last night was no exception. I had the beef filet special with potatoes au gratin and roasted asparagus. The filet was cooked perfectly and was wonderfully tender. My wife had the Fettuccine Siciliano. It's mostly eggplant, cooked with tomatoes, olives, onions, etc. It's one of a handful of 'go to' dishes we've had many times over the years. Delicious.
The original owners, brothers, still run the place. They treat guests like family. They've been there every time we've dined at Bar Italia, and their passion for serving great food is apparent.
The wine list is extensive and the desserts, many made on site, are delicious.
Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank STL_Teacher_traveler
Waynesville
“Well worth a visit!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

This was the 3rd time we have visited Bar Italia and it is always great, which is why we come back. The first time we were wandering aeon looking for a place to eat (summer) and the outdoor seating lured us in. We have been back twice with friends and both times everyone was very happy. Wonderful food, atmosphere and service. Well worth a visit or two

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Valentine weekend”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Walked here from the Chase. We had the Pollo al Melagrano and the Costolette d' Agnello (Rack of Lamb). Both were excellent.

Visited February 2014